DIR- GUE Why are non-GUE divers so interested in what GUE does?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes this 96 page thread is useless.
This 96 page thread is entertainment :giggle: Nobody should be expecting factual information from the internet.

Speak negatively about gue if u wanna. Idgaf. I have no skin in the game. Im done giving GUE my money. As long as you realize you just don’t know what you’re talking about if you don’t have any experience with it. Reading this thread you can see that is the case with most of these people.

Yes this 96 page thread is useless.

I don't speak negatively about GUE...and do not suggest I don't know what I am talking about. You don't know me and have no idea what I know and don't know.

My experience with GUE comes from long and what I would consider great discussions with GUE instructors and ITs. Many nice back and forths that in the end, did wonders for me and also allowed them to assess what they do and improved their ability to discuss the why behind it. That plus the many dives I have been on with GUE people in my team.

If this thread is useless then why come back and keep posting in it? Why did you not just say that from the start?

This 96 page thread is entertainment :giggle: Nobody should be expecting factual information from the internet.

You Mean THIS isn't true?

You Mean THIS isn't true?

No it would probably be an improvement.

Poo Slinging Monkey 2024

In my opinion, this discussion has not only reached the beating a dead horse to a pulp phase, but we have cut the horse into pieces,, fed the pieces to the hyenas in the zoo, scooped up all the hyena poop, put it in a compost heap, used the compost to grow a banana tree, fed the bananas to a group of howler monkeys, and are now just watching the monkeys fling their poop at each other.

If you like GUE, great! If you don't, great!

Soon, the monkeys will run out of poop to fling and we will have to compost monkey poop to keep going.

They all already turned into gas and oil under our feet:)

I don't speak negatively about GUE...and do not suggest I don't know what I am talking about. You don't know me and have no idea what I know and don't know.

My experience with GUE comes from long and what I would consider great discussions with GUE instructors and ITs. Many nice back and forths that in the end, did wonders for me and also allowed them to assess what they do and improved their ability to discuss the why behind it. That plus the many dives I have been on with GUE people in my team.

If this thread is useless then why come back and keep posting in it? Why did you not just say that from the start?

Calm down guy. I’ve been bullshitting with dinguses on scubaboard who don’t know sh*t about GUE since before you got open water certified. I’m certainly not gonna stop now because ur in ur feelings about it. Didn’t know you’d had conversations with instructors I take it all back

It’s impossible to know what someone else knows. They can only demonstrate what they know.

So far youre not doin so hot with the demo.

Easy there junior. My generation doesn't get "in their feelings" The only feelings I have are hungry, horny and tired

People are weird. I am telling you first hand that in my high level gue classes I have used computers. Computers are REQUIRED for the ccr class. WKPP is using computers.

Maybe your weird scuba friends don’t, but this is not the way. There have always been GUE arms straight out like an airplane, s drill doing, line laying in open water wackos that will tell you all kinds of things. That doesn’t mean that’s what GUE is telling them to do.

Have you taken gue ccr training ? I did gue ccr1 with my Uwatec TEC 2g in gauge mode. I did use my Uwatec for ascending (time and depth).

My JJ ccr petrel2 was just my JJ ccr controller, but I didn't use it for ascending.

I also know buddies who have done ccr1 with perdix in gauge mode.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom