DIR- GUE Why are non-GUE divers so interested in what GUE does?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yea no idea what those dudes are even up to these days
having been told to use a computer in my GUE tech 2 class, I'm curious what this dude is talking about. I wonder what they told him when he took tech 2...
AG quit the business and sold it to Jeff. They still exist and they do seem to have good online training materials. I don't know how many certs they are issuing or how active their instructors have been.

It cracks me up that people dig up GI3's Baker's dozen from decades ago which was never an official GUE publication or anything. And somehow in 2023 its still bitched and whined about. Yet at the same time we NEVER talk about the Chakras that are discussed in the still very officially published IANTD CCR textbook.

AG quit the business and sold it to Jeff. They still exist and they do seem to have good online training materials. I don't know how many certs they are issuing or how active their instructors have been.

It cracks me up that people dig up GI3's Baker's dozen from decades ago which was never an official GUE publication or anything. And somehow in 2023 its still bitched and whined about. Yet at the same time we NEVER talk about the Chakras that are discussed in the still very officially published IANTD CCR textbook.

Lol. The IANTD mixed gas ccr textbook is a little bit bonkers…

It cracks me up that people dig up GI3's Baker's dozen from decades ago which was never an official GUE publication or anything.

While not official it was on the Equipment page of the GUE website for quite a while. They finally removed it like two years ago.

somethings never change man.

we skipped the chakra stuff in my iantd courses...

If one guy has a problem with everyone it's in my experience the problem normally is them.
I don't have a problem with anyone......... other than the GUE instruction team that Doc Harry describes in detail in post # 822..... and I don't really even have much of a problem with them since I'll never meet them or take a course from them.

I’m calling BS. Most divers might stick with the same instructor but you do not have to. I prefer diverse backgrounds and diving environments.
Can I call BS on your comment?

We can all have different opinions, but there's no reason to denigrate that comment nor poster.

The perceived wisdom tends to stick with an instructor through your career as far as possible. Sure, having variety may work, but consistency and teaching style counts very highly for many people.

We can all have different opinions, but there's no reason to denigrate that comment nor poster.

The perceived wisdom tends to stick with an instructor through your career as far as possible. Sure, having variety may work, but consistency and teaching style counts very highly for many people.
Whose wisdom? Yours? Who is "many people"?

also disagree with that.
would recommend you take your technical training from a variety of instructors.
consistent quality of instruction in higher level courses tends to be one of the benefits you tend to get with GUE as an agency. But exposing yourself to different instructors is generally a good thing at this level

...Yet at the same time we NEVER talk about the Chakras that are discussed in the still very officially published IANTD CCR textbook.
Not in the version I have - 7.1.4 from 2016.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom