Why are more men inclined to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jon C:
Too much to site here.

If you read my offering carefully, it is mostly asking questions...not making statements. Your last paragraph makes far more of a judgement than anything I said.

I am sure women do not have the market cornered on "emotional barriers". I know a lot of men who fear the thought of diving. Hell, I hate grasshoppers! Everyone has their own baggage. The orginal topic is still "Why do more men dive than women". Cultural, most likely, genetic, who knows but the discussion should not throttled by differences of opinion.

I recognize your right to disagree with me or anyone else; not sure you should get so personal, but neither will "make me what to scream" or call your statements "garbage" when you post it.

Any of you other ladies interpret my post as crazytomato did?

Ok. You’re right. You did indeed phase it in a question form…..which I did notice. Still doesn’t excuse me from having personalized it way too much or my immaturity for having made such statements. I’ve edited that paragraph. Sorry.

If I worked for the marketing department for PADI or one of the other recreational diving agencies, I would direct ALL my attention to the ladies. Let's face it, a man who digs a woman will follow her almost ANYWHERE, In my case even occasionally into Ann Taylor or Nine West :blinking:
If you get 100 women into diving, at least 80 will follow :D

crazyTomato:
Ok. You’re right. You did indeed phase it in a question form…..which I did notice. Still doesn’t excuse me from having personalized it way too much or my immaturity for having made such statements. I’ve edited that paragraph. Sorry.

No problem. Let's move on to something less volatile, say capital punishment, global warming or minimum wage!:wink: I do like your passion, tho! If you still have some points to make to me in particular, pm me and we can spare these poor folks the debate. However, I must warn you, I might be more on your side of the argument than you think....

H2Andy:

Okay, who here really thinks MORE ocean is a bad thing?!!! I mean other than you folks on the islands... Every mile people drive gets me that much closer to Beach Front Property...oh, yeah!

I think we should start SDFGW (Scuba Divers For Global Warming):wink:

we live in seven hills, about 40min from our dive sites.... we're waiting for global warming so we get ocean views :D

Jon C:
Okay, who here really thinks MORE ocean is a bad thing?!!! I mean other than you folks on the islands... Every mile people drive gets me that much closer to Beach Front Property...oh, yeah!

I think we should start SDFGW (Scuba Divers For Global Warming):wink:

Not that global warming isn't a serious concern, but that statement is seriously hilarious!!!!!!!!! Count me as a member! :D

As for H2Andy, I seriously adore you!!!!!!!! :D Really and truly!!!!! Your posting #117, is extremely well written (understatement of the year) and drives home the point more than my rambling statements. Kudos to you.

almitywife:
we live in seven hills, about 40min from our dive sites.... we're waiting for global warming so we get ocean views :D

Okay, you are now V.P. of Sales and Marketing for SDFGW...We need to lobby for more fossil fuel consumption world wide. Please get started on the marketing plan....

Yeah, yeah , yeah, I am President....And not 'cause I am a MAN! I earned it by starting it.:wink:

Bring me a donut, will ya....:D

crazyTomato:
Not that global warming isn't a serious concern, but that statement is seriously hilarious!!!!!!!!! Count me as a member! :D

Could I get you to be the V.P. of Legal Affairs for SDFGW...I have a feeling I will need that real soon...Your salary will be the same as mine....

Back
Top Bottom