Who's your favorite: Seeking Dive Personality for Story

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divewriter

Registered
Reaction score
I am soliciting suggestions from local Pac NW divers who know of an individual or a local group that would be worthy of profiling in a national publication. Could be influential divemaster/instructor type, shop owner or just an off-the-wall local character who deserves a bit of recognition.

thanks,

Maybe this year is the year I finally make it to Port Hardy in late Sep.

divewriter:
I am soliciting suggestions from local Pac NW divers who know of an individual or a local group that would be worthy of profiling in a national publication. Could be influential divemaster/instructor type, shop owner or just an off-the-wall local character who deserves a bit of recognition.

thanks,

Maybe this year is the year I finally make it to Port Hardy in late Sep.

Some candidates I can think of ...

Don Peterson - proprieter of Dive Tech, Inc. and Octopus Gardens, dive instructor extraordinaire, one of the few American divers who's been to the Cobb Seamount, and a very entertaining individual to talk to (think Robin Williams in a wetsuit).

John Rawlings - author and photographer for Advanced Diver Magazine, one of the tech divers who discovered the Warren vehicle in Lake Crescent, and a fascinating speaker who can hold an audience spellbound while he tells the tale of the now-solved Warren mystery.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Ian Hall of Ocean Explorers - this is the guy involved in so many sucessful artifical reef projects in Nanimo, BC. He has SOO many great stories and has ran a great dive shop for years. He's overall just a cool dude.
I could also mention Mike Richmond of Quadra Island. Long time commerical diver, and overall great guy - he also has stories and an exordinary personality.

Heck, I thought big when I seen the thread title. My choice for a diver story would have been:Malcom Scott Carpenter; Original Mercury 7 member, Fourth Human in Space. Commander USN Auquanaut program 1965-1967' In 1965 he spent 28 day's on the ocean seabed in Sealab. Was my All-Amercian childhood Hero........Maybe you can write about him in your next book?

A great Suggestion.

You might be interested in a discovery we made last year. Scott was involved in an education outreach program some years back in whihc NASA built a small habitat that could be trailered to the water, delpoyed lke a boat, then set on site with drop-dwon legs. The habitat is now sitting in mothballs at Cape Kennedy, and some of us would love to see it find a home where the public could see it.

DoubleDip:
Heck, I thought big when I seen the thread title. My choice for a diver story would have been:Malcom Scott Carpenter; Original Mercury 7 member, Fourth Human in Space. Commander USN Auquanaut program 1965-1967' In 1965 he spent 28 day's on the ocean seabed in Sealab. Was my All-Amercian childhood Hero........Maybe you can write about him in your next book?

I second Ron Ault the owner of Hoodsport and Dive in Hoods canal. The first man to go below 1000 feet. He is one of the original US Navy experimental divers, without them we would never have had the information we have now. We had him at a dive club meeting and he was full of great information and history.

I agree on Ron Ault of Hoodsport and Dive....he is truly an exceptional person who loves diving and helping those who love diving. Very hospitable and knowledgable and without his sense of adventure we wouldn't know what we know now.
But also a couple of others I can mention...Rick Myers of Bandito Charters...always safe and accomodating...Also, Kal and Ann of Porpise Bay Charters...a great time and truly a safe operation, and knowledgable of BC diving.....
Just my 2cents...
Kirsten

My vote would be for Ron as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom