who's wearing converse to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can go to the Converse site and order a pair of personalized shoes -- I came very close to doing this when I was using them on my Fusion.
What are you using now Lynne? I think I know, but not positive.

My Converse got trashed in the pool and went from black to super faded brown. Maybe I can get the ugly Converse award? I only tie them part way and have good support for walking (Inside souls are removed, as I wear thick socks and 400g booties.) and work great for finning.

104.jpg

FWIW if you want to get a better frog kick, back kick, etc., let alone becoming a better diver contact Rob "Rlee" seen below in the photo demonstrating techniques, or Don "ae3753" for advancing your diving skills to a level that will make you enjoy diving even more, by becoming more proficient. Rob is GUE and Don is UTD. Both are great people and have helped many of us improve our diving.
RobTeaching.jpg

How do you get the right size of converse?

I have a TLS and currently use size 11 rock boots. What size of converse would be applicable?

FWIW if you want to get a better frog kick, back kick, etc., let alone becoming a better diver contact Rob "Rlee" seen below in the photo demonstrating techniques, or Don "ae3753" for advancing your diving skills to a level that will make you enjoy diving even more, by becoming more proficient. Rob is GUE and Don is UTD. Both are great people and have helped many of us improve our diving.
RobTeaching.jpg

Great to see our Fundies pictures Peter ;-). I always smile when I see pic's of Rob/Susan & Beto. BTW Rob Lee's SB user name is "Rhlee" and he does teach an awesome back kick,etc, etc, etc :)!

I last dove wet at 5C at 72', that is 41f.
I doubt you are wearing a whole lot more undergarments than I am.

How do you get the right size of converse?

I have a TLS and currently use size 11 rock boots. What size of converse would be applicable?
I walked into the local shoe store with my booties and thick socks. Gave me a rough idea of size. Then when I got home I removed the insoles, which was actually a chore. What is wrong with the rock boots?

Thanks for correcting Rob's incorrect user name Kathy :cool2:

I lot of my buddies wear chucks, none of them wear rock boots.

The latest trend is to find out who can come up with the most hideous pair. So far, my wife is winning.

Converse with a Fusion and TLS.

Yes, Cody, Leslie is winning. Stephen's old pair of Airwalks, though, might take first prize.

Late to the party here....

While Leslie's converse are pretty ugly, I'm pretty sure my bright orange ones are way more obnoxious! That said, I haven't been diving them much cause the new suit has turbosoles.

Converse are great for suits that don't have turbosoles. I tried diving with wetsuit boots over my drysuit socks, but I much preferred the converse.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom