Who's still interested in a Swampers weekend at Lake Travis May 21-23?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Parrothead,
What is Sea Space in Houston, please? Sounds interesting? Is it a dive spot? thanks for any info you can give. I thought this Mansfield Dam thing was taking place the first weekend in June, but it looks like it's still up in the air... Am really hoping it will work out for me and hubby to finally become official swampers!!!!!!! Looking so forward to meeting and diving with you all!
Foo

parrotheaddiver:
I called them today. All weekends in June have space available. The young lady on the other end of the phone must work for the CIA very limited on information :frustrate I wanted to know which is the largest campsite with the largest covered area and was it available. Her answer was they all accomodate about 20 people and are all the same size.
Curious - considering the info (below) directly from their website - it sounds as if there is a designated divers-only camping section, and that each of the 6 areas holds up to 30. Might have to go take a look and see what their talking about, if we can't get enough info over the phone!

Tucked away from the rest of the park, our dive camping area will open soon, giving scuba enthusiasts six camping pods (each accommodating up to 30 individuals) with covered picnic shelters, restrooms, showers, separate dive stairs, and nearby parking. Camping in this area is by reservation only.

Seaspace is not a place to dive in Houston. Rather its a dive/adventure expo held in Houston at Reliant Center the first weekend(6/5+6) of June. Annual event run by Seaspace which was originally part of Houston Underwater Club. Great weekend event. Web site

www.seaspace.org

leiserom:
Seaspace is not a place to dive in Houston. Rather its a dive/adventure expo held in Houston at Reliant Center the first weekend(6/5+6) of June. Annual event run by Seaspace which was originally part of Houston Underwater Club. Great weekend event. Web site

www.seaspace.org

leiserom is correct. Good arm chair diving. Vendors from other over the world gather to show whats new etc. Seminars during the day for those who want to see/learn a bit more.
I have been attending since 1985? somewhere along that time line. I usually see a least someone I know from either a resort I have stayed at or someone I have dived with. It is fun to spend the day or the weekend dreaming of where to go diving next or what piece of new equipment I can't live without.

One of these days, I'm going to make it to SeaSpace. It just won't be this year...again. :frown:

When's this shindig gonna take place? If it stretches out until July 4th-11, we'll be in Coz!!!! Just had to rub that in a bit... :wink:

Keep us posted...... Eh...where's Dee? OH...COCOVIEW for the upteenth time.... Hope you're having a blast, lil' buddy, and my big "blue-eyed" pal!

See ya sometime in June (i think)

tony

ps. I pick it up Saturday! call me El Capitan!

scubatexastony:
ps. I pick it up Saturday! call me El Capitan!

WOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!! :biggrin2:

Hey, who else knows about this, Tony??

...are sealed. :wink:

scubatexastony:
it's still a secret.

Hey! I heard that! WooHoo....we have a dive boat in the family! Send me a picture of your First Mate and the boat!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom