Who's still interested in a Swampers weekend at Lake Travis May 21-23?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
That's the weekend before Memorial Day so the crowds won't be there like the last time! :D I knopw it's six weeks away but we need to reserve the pavillion if we need it.

Let's see how many Swampers from all 3 regions we can get together. There's lots of new ones we haven't met and I'd like to fix that!

I'll be gone all next week, I'll need some good Swamp water to wash that nasty salt water out of my gills!

eeD:
That's the weekend before Memorial Day so the crowds won't be there like the last time! :D I knopw it's six weeks away but we need to reserve the pavillion if we need it.

That is the pavilion at Mansfield Dam, correct?

Sounds good to me. I am not familiar with the lake but my Adv OW dives will be held there between now and then. I may have two or three in tow but I can only speak for myself. I would like some advice on diver friendly/low cost lodging in the area if anyone is willing. FYI, I am not a camper so it has to be indoors.

Toe

As long as the lake temp has warmed up, Alan & I hope to be there! Don't know if we'd camp or not - we live about 15-20 minutes away .....

Toecutter - don't know about diver friendly, but there is a new Holday Inn Express right by Lakeline Mall about 15 minutes from the lake, a bit further away (but maybe cheaper) there are a Best Western Cedar Inn, Comfort Inn, and another Holiday Inn Express in Cedar Park near the 1431 & 183 Hwy intersection. Or there's some misc. B&B's etc in the Lake area - such Lost Parrot Cabins - website: //www.austincabinrentals.com/
Maybe someone else knows of some other good places .....

Sorry....yeah, it's the pavillion at the top of the hill at Mansfield Dam. Hopefully they'll have the handicap lift fixed by then.

TwoBit is right. NetDoc had a bit of fun with the Mods today. Let's just be glad he didn't do it to the whole board!

Only 37 hours and 33 minutes to go! I'll see you guys in a week. Play nice!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom