Who's on Coz in June?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-Rican:
Naw, I don't get bent dude. I do Nitrox and have never been bent. I do good surface intervals and dive safely. If I feel tired or don't feel like diving, I just pass. No bends here ! :)

The partying is limited to a shot and 2 beers...maaaaybe.

Good Viz,
George

Never say never. Just because you have never been bent doesn't mean it can't happen to you, particularly as you get older.

I encourage you to read Tim Ingersol's "Bent in Cozumel" post. He only has a couple of drinks the night before. Read Chuck's post, "My trip to the Cozumel Chamber"...he got bent after his first dive, 40ish minutes, 70 feet...and he is a safe diver too. I got bent and I'm a safe diver...had close to 1000 dives under my belt when I got bent. Four dives a day is alot...and partying doesn't help.

You CAN get bent on nitrox by the way.

Never say never.

GPdiver:
I am staying at Hotel Pepita for 15 nights. From that perspective you are livin large like a rock star staying at Hotel Baracuda

Yeah Right ! :bang: :)

Christi:
Never say never. Just because you have never been bent doesn't mean it can't happen to you, particularly as you get older.

I encourage you to read Tim Ingersol's "Bent in Cozumel" post. He only has a couple of drinks the night before. Read Chuck's post, "My trip to the Cozumel Chamber"...he got bent after his first dive, 40ish minutes, 70 feet...and he is a safe diver too. I got bent and I'm a safe diver...had close to 1000 dives under my belt when I got bent. Four dives a day is alot...and partying doesn't help.

Never say never.
I am aware Christi. I know that I can get bent at any time, even if I am diving EAN. I just am very careful when I do repetetive diving. I have just returned from Roatan and stayed at Coco-View. We were doing 5-6 dives daily. A early am dive. at about 5:00 AM, 2 dives in the morning and 2 more in the afternoon. Then a night dive off of Coco-View wall. I don't mean to convey that I am Super-Diver, but I have been o.k., until now. Who knows I might get bent next week when I go to Cozumel ! I just try to get wet as much as possible. I live in Chicago and diving Lake Michigan is just for training puposes and to be in the water. It is brutal not being able to dive in the winter here. I am not into ice diving either :10: . The quarrys are o.k. but again, not the same as the Caribbean. It really stinks to live in the midwest and be in love with diving as much as I am.
By the way, didn't we dive together last year ago around April, with Dive Paradise ? I think you told me that you had been living in Cozumel for some time now. You sat right across from me, towards the end of the boat. Remember I went below after our dive to look at the pictures that I had taken ? It had just started to rain right after we got out of the water. Are you this person ? Maybe not. Oh well, thank so much for your words of wisdom. I will be super careful next week. Thank you again

Good Viz,
George :thumb:

Scuba-Rican:
I am aware Christi. I know that I can get bent at any time, even if I am diving EAN. I just am very careful when I do repetetive diving. I have just returned from Roatan and stayed at Coco-View. We were doing 5-6 dives daily. A early am dive. at about 5:00 AM, 2 dives in the morning and 2 more in the afternoon. Then a night dive off of Coco-View wall. I don't mean to convey that I am Super-Diver, but I have been o.k., until now. Who knows I might get bent next week when I go to Cozumel ! I just try to get wet as much as possible. I live in Chicago and diving Lake Michigan is just for training puposes and to be in the water. It is brutal not being able to dive in the winter here. I am not into ice diving either :10: . The quarrys are o.k. but again, not the same as the Caribbean. It really stinks to live in the midwest and be in love with diving as much as I am.
By the way, didn't we dive together last year ago around April, with Dive Paradise ? I think you told me that you had been living in Cozumel for some time now. You sat right across from me, towards the end of the boat. Remember I went below after our dive to look at the pictures that I had taken ? It had just started to rain right after we got out of the water. Are you this person ? Maybe not. Oh well, thank so much for your words of wisdom. I will be super careful next week. Thank you again

Good Viz,
George :thumb:

No, that was not me...I don't dive with Dive Paradise, I dive with a small operation :wink:

Hope i didn't come across as "lecturing" you...but just want everyone to be safe...I see ALOT of things happen, even to the best of divers.

Be safe!

Christi:

Never say never.
Your response is one of the reasons, I want to dive with you. I have made all my dives with my Dive Instructor. We became great friends after learning. She is unable to come this year to Cozumel, expecting her first child. Your comments on this board and your views on safety, are very welcome in my book.

Christi:
No, that was not me...I don't dive with Dive Paradise, I dive with a small operation :wink:

Hope i didn't come across as "lecturing" you...but just want everyone to be safe...I see ALOT of things happen, even to the best of divers.

Be safe!

Hey Christi,
Sometimes we need a little lecturing. We do tend to get cocky sometimes and have to realize that we are always suseptable to injury, no matter how good and safe divers we might think we are. I appreciate it very much Christi. No offense taken.

Too bad, I thought you might have been the lady I met in 4/04. Oh well, maybe Il'l see you when I'm there next week. If not, good divin'.

Good Viz,
George

Scuba-Rican:
Hey Christi,
Sometimes we need a little lecturing. We do tend to get cocky sometimes and have to realize that we are always suseptable to injury, no matter how good and safe divers we might think we are. I appreciate it very much Christi. No offense taken.

Too bad, I thought you might have been the lady I met in 4/04. Oh well, maybe Il'l see you when I'm there next week. If not, good divin'.

Good Viz,
George

You have a great attitude and I'm glad you didn't take offense :)

Have a greeat trip and stay safe :)

Now my lecture...haha... :wink:
Make sure you drink alot of water all the time, get plenty of rest between dive days, and of course watch your topside activities as well as your dive profiles...no heavy exercise, HYDRATE, take it easy, alcohol in moderation, HYDRATE, take it easy, no HOT showers, HYDRATE, take it easy, HYDRATE, HYDRATE... :wink:

Christi:
You have a great attitude and I'm glad you didn't take offense :)

Have a greeat trip and stay safe :)

Now my lecture...haha... :wink:
Make sure you drink alot of water all the time, get plenty of rest between dive days, and of course watch your topside activities as well as your dive profiles...no heavy exercise, HYDRATE, take it easy, alcohol in moderation, HYDRATE, take it easy, no HOT showers, HYDRATE, take it easy, HYDRATE, HYDRATE... :wink:

I get it ,I get it ! :)))
Thanx..... Who do you dive with again ? I have got to meet such a caring person, you are very kind. I know, you are the Dive Fairy right ?

Good Viz,
George

Good Viz, George

Scuba-Rican:
I get it ,I get it ! :)))
Thanx..... Who do you dive with again ?

Hmmm...someone want to take this question? :wink:

Well, I've dove with a variety of shops over the years including Studio Blue, Deep Blue, Liquid Blue, Blue Angel, Living Underwater, Caribbean Divers, Aldora, Careyitos, Dive Paradise (one time in 2001), Aqua Safari, Dive Palancar, and Blue Bubble. But most of the time when I'm diving these days, I dive off a small six pack called SHAMU! :wink:

I hang out in the afternoons Mon - Fri from 3:00 to 8:00 on 5th Ave. between Calle 13 y Calle 15 next to the dentist office and internet cafe...near Chedraui. Feel free to stop by and say "hola." I'm always happy to meet fellow Scuba Boarders :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom