Who's coming to Alaska??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm coming up too! Enduring a family cruise in August.... Trying to offset "family" time with dive time :)

Stops are in Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan. Time is I guess limited by the cruise line, we have all day in Skagway but found no ops. In Ketchikan found a couple, Deep Six and Wind and Water, we're there for the morning.

Ideas? Thoughts? Do pod people come off the boat and dive up there?

Here's a pic from my last cold water trip to Quadra :)
Judy G and the GPO
Quadra2_19_06_judyocto2.jpg

ChrisM:
I'm coming up too! Enduring a family cruise in August.... Trying to offset "family" time with dive time :)

Stops are in Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan. Time is I guess limited by the cruise line, we have all day in Skagway but found no ops. In Ketchikan found a couple, Deep Six and Wind and Water, we're there for the morning.

Ideas? Thoughts? Do pod people come off the boat and dive up there?

I thought it was very frustrating to try to make arrangements to dive from a cruise. Time is too limited in most ports. Alaskan dive people are really slow to respond, if at all. In Juneau, Carleen of The Scuba Tank was pretty helpful, although I didn't dive there. In Ketchikan, the guy wanted $150 for one dive--way too pricey for me, even with a personal guide. Too bad you aren't going to Sitka. Dave is a great guy.

Hey
I'll be in Anchorage for 2 months for work during July and August and would be interested in diving while i am there. Is there any good diving near anchorage? i have heard about resurrection bay on the web but that is 4 hours away. Also, I usually do warm/temperate water drives (hawaii and CA) and have a Seaquest Balance and Legend LX (not supreme). What's the water temp like during those months? I am not dry suit cert nor have i even tried one before. Thanks

nkw5:
I thought it was very frustrating to try to make arrangements to dive from a cruise. Time is too limited in most ports. Alaskan dive people are really slow to respond, if at all. In Juneau, Carleen of The Scuba Tank was pretty helpful, although I didn't dive there. In Ketchikan, the guy wanted $150 for one dive--way too pricey for me, even with a personal guide. Too bad you aren't going to Sitka. Dave is a great guy.

Yep, so far I'm being ignored. too bad, would love to get a dive in up there, but as of now it's not working out.

Back
Top Bottom