Who would you recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdwn71

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey everyone, don't mean to hijack the thread, but I have a question. We are going to Oahu the last week in March and Maui the first week of april. My question is, who would you use as an charter? and what dives are the must do? Thanks for the help.

Hey everyone, don't mean to hijack the thread, but I have a question. We are going to Oahu the last week in March and Maui the first week of april. My question is, who would you use as an charter? and what dives are the must do? Thanks for the help.

You should start your own thread. I recommend Island Divers, obviously.

Sorry, never started my own thread. Just would like to hear some thought on where to go.

Island Divers might be an okay option, if you were willing to dive exclusively in Hawaii Kai. However, I recommend Kaimana Divers (waikikiscuba.com). They dive out of several harbors this time of year so you are more likely to see different parts of the island (above and below water). If you search the forum for Kaimana you'll find plenty of positive reviews. Gabe runs an enjoyable and (most importantly) safe outfit and offers very personalized service.

Good luck and enjoy your trip.

As for Maui. Out of Lahaina, we had a good time with Extended Horizons. Out of Kihei we enjoyed Ed Robinson's and Mike Severins ops. I've heard good things about a few others. Of the three, Robinson's and Severins had air/bottom time policies more in line with what I'm used to.

Sorry, never started my own thread. Just would like to hear some thought on where to go.

All you have to do is go to the subforum-Ohana- and click on the New Post button at the top. That will start a new thread for you. Or you can also use the search function to read the answers to the same questions that other people have had.

In any event be sure to check out Island Divers. They have 3 of their own boats and that means that you will not be rushed during your dives. Hawaii Kai dives are awesome and offer a good mix for beginner and advanced divers alike.

A lot of my co-workers have had great experiences w/Island Divers. Over in Maui, a lot of our divers go w/Maui Dreams for their boat diving and KrisB for their shore diving, always with rave reviews. Best of luck to you!

Thanks for the help & info Scubamicky.

although hawaii kai has some great dives,,, they also have the roughest conditions with trade wind patterns (90% of the time) if you are prone to sea/ motion sickness make sure you take something for it, some other optional providers like kaimana for example use several different boats out of different harbors so you may get more options (sites and conditions)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom