who whats to dive on the 4th to start the long weekend off right lets get a charter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matt_unique:
I would be surprised if the charters went out in the Block Island Sound with these forecasted conditions:

>>SAT
W WIND 10 TO 15 KT...BECOMING N 15 TO 20 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT.

SUN
NE WIND 15 TO 20 KT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT.<<

The best window right now would be early Sat morning around Cape Anne but not likely Block Island Sound. I hope I am wrong and I hope the weather forecast improves for us all!

--Matt

Eeek! Last I had checked it was looking good! BLAST! On the bright side there is still time for the weather to change its mind....

I guess that is what I get for bragging about my cool charter plans!

Gabriel90512:
I seeeeeeee tease the guy that cant go .....

Dude, it'll still be there after this weekend... you've got time to check it out. Besides, Idene's in 90fsw or so, so you'll probably be needing advanced open water to dive her.

In the mean time though, if you want to get out I'd recommend calling around to different charter boats and seeing if they have anything that suits you and has room for two. If you post about a specific plan, you might have better luck finding an interested buddy.

For what it's worth, I recommend checking out Fran Marcoux's Daybreaker out of Gloucester, or maybe you can get a harbor dive in with Boston Diver Services. If not, there's always Cape Ann Divers, Fred Calhoun's Easy Diver, and well... there's probably a thread here somewhere about local charter boats. I'm sure there's something out there you'd like.

I'd love to dive the Idene. Sounds like a rare treat around here - an intact and upright wreck. Have fun if the fickle weather co-operates. I'll be at either STB or Rockport bug hunting.

LobstaMan

Gabe i know that you have to have AOW to do boat dives. at least with the places that i know of. check to make sure.

Scuba65:
Gabe i know that you have to have AOW to do boat dives. at least with the places that i know of. check to make sure.

At CAD you only need AOW for the deepest wrecks (Poling, etc), but not for the more shallow ones, or lobstering.

Check their website - they have the ones where an AOW is required marked with an *

Gabe-

CAD has some charters allready scheduled for the weekend - may still be room aboard for you /and buddy. Or, get a buddy and book the still open sunday PM dive boat. Those w/o * are only OW required...

Sat~Sept 04
8am ~ *Chester Poling & Nina T
8am ~ *Chester Poling & Burnham Rocks
1pm ~ Halibut Point & Captain’s Choice
1pm ~ Rockport Breakwater & Capt’s Chocice

Sun~Sept 05
8am ~ *Halfway Rock & Paddock Rock
8am ~ Brace Cove & Capt. Choice
1pm ~ Wreck of the Haight & Brace Cove
1pm ~

Labor Day
Mon~Sept 06
8am ~ *Burnham Rocks & Capt. Choice
8am ~ *Chester Poling & Nina T
1pm~Not Available
Closing at 12 noon
Happy Labor Day

PilothouseCharters:
I have two open spots for Saturday afternoon down in Plymouth, but would need to know as soon as possible... Go over to the Trips and Happenigs part of NE Lobsta Divahs all the info is there.

thanks guys i found a dive buddy for sat :)
Everyone have a good and safe dive weekend

Gabe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom