Who wants to dive the Oriskany?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott, if you bump that back to July 1st and book a 6 pack, we'll have a trip. Unfortunately, that's the only time we'll be close enough to make it out.

Or if anyone can dive the 1st, let me know and I'll try to arrange something.

photoshop

you can tell the shark is fake

Padipro:
Sorry to hear that Andy. I know what you mean though, I've got a kid in collage.

I'd still like to put something together for say the 3rd week in July if there are enough interested divers. I have 2 techies interested right now (myself and one other) and maybe another 2 if all goes well. I was thinking something like drive up Thursday, dive Friday and Saturday, and then drive home Sunday. I live in Ft. Lauderdale so the drive is not to much of a problem for me.

PM me if you're SERIOUSLY interested and we'll start putting something together.
Any chance you would want to do this on 7/8 and 7/9 (I could do 7/7 possibly, but it will be tough)? I am driving a u-haul from ft myers back to baltimore that weekend. I plan on trying to dive the O. I arrive on the 6th and load up the truck. I think it would be a bit much to attempt to make it up there for the morning of the 7th, but the 8th and 9th are very much do-able.

Reply or PM me if you, or anyone, is interested in rec diving this thing on 8th and 9th. Bonus of you live in FtLaud as I have two 121's there that I would love for someone to bring to me if possible.

Chris

Hey Chris,

Sorry but I can't make it that weekend. I work a strange schedule, 10 hour shift with 4days on 2 days off 4 days on 4 days off so I have a 4 day weekend every other weekend. The weekend of the 8th and 9th is my short weekend and I have to work Sunday.

Just how big is the superstructure? How much is there to see at the recreationaly level without limiting yourself to a really short dive?

I think the superstructure is ~150'ish across and ~70'ish tall. It starts at 65-70' and there's no rule that says you have to dive to the flight deck. Plan your dive accordingly to get what you want the most out of it.

the island is about 60 feet tall and about 100 feet long (rough estimate) ... so ...

you could do quite a bit of exploring, i imagine

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom