Who to learn Dry Suit Diving with?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NWGratefulDiver is an instructor in your area and he seems to (for the most part :wink:) know what he's talking about. He's a mod here on SB. I'm not sure if he'll do drysuit classes or whatever, but he'd be a good person to ask.

scubarat:
Where can I go to learn how to dive in a dry suit?? I'm in the Seattle area. Thanks!

I went with Tania Boyd of Lighthouse Diving in Seattle. Both the course and Tania were excellent.

scubarat:
Where can I go to learn how to dive in a dry suit?? I'm in the Seattle area. Thanks!

Every dive shop in the area offers drysuit training. Needless to say, some are more competent than others. Of those, some would suit your needs better than others.

Who you choose should take into consideration the following ...
- Do you already own a drysuit? And if not, do you need information that will help you choose one best suited to your needs? It's OK to get this information at an LDS ... but in that case you will want to stop at several, and take what they say with a degree of skepticism. They will invariably try to convince you that the best choice just happens to be what they sell.
- How far you are willing to travel to get this training? The place that is ideal for your training and/or purchase may not be the closest LDS to where you live/work.
- Would you prefer training in a confined water (pool) or open water (dive site) locale?

I would be happy to discuss these considerations with you (off line, no obligation). If it turns out I could offer training that would best suit your needs, I'll do so. If not, I'll help you find a competent instructor in your area ... I know several, at locations ranging from Everett to Tacoma.

Send me a PM if this offer interests you ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I'm taking my class this week with the Lighthouse and I'm happy with the suit they rented to me and the instruction. I'm sure there are many other places to go. I choose them because they were close and knowledgeable.

Back
Top Bottom