Who to dive with for Mola Mola on Bali??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gabyne

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

this August I want to do a stopover on Bali on my way to Alor to look for mola molas around Nusa Penida/Lembongan. I will match my schedule just to be around at the right time. So, I really WANT to see them. :wink:

Do you therefore have a recommendation with which operator I should go to have the best chances? I read a lot on the web (also here on scubaboard) and it seems some operators are not very customer-oriented... I want to go with an expert really trying hard to find them and wanting to satisfy the client - me...

And when you go through the websites, everybody seems to be an expert on mola molas nowadays... :wink:

Any ideas/recommendations?

Thanks a lot!

Gaby

Bali Hi is the safest and best operation in the area. A bit of a party boat on the way out but great diving operation. You can also stay on the island. As for Michael and tell him Carol and David say hi.

Hi,

this August I want to do a stopover on Bali on my way to Alor to look for mola molas around Nusa Penida/Lembongan. I will match my schedule just to be around at the right time. So, I really WANT to see them. :wink:

Do you therefore have a recommendation with which operator I should go to have the best chances? I read a lot on the web (also here on scubaboard) and it seems some operators are not very customer-oriented... I want to go with an expert really trying hard to find them and wanting to satisfy the client - me...

And when you go through the websites, everybody seems to be an expert on mola molas nowadays... :wink:

Any ideas/recommendations?

Thanks a lot!

Gaby

Lots of good operators in Bali, Bali Hai, Aqua Marine, Scuba Serya resort, Mimpi resort.

Afraid you will be disappointed about the Mola Molas as the best time is not to later which is September / October. contact michael at Bali hi if you want to know more

I have dove with Aqua Marine. I thought they were great.

Here are a few shots I got diving with Bali Hai. I flooded a strobe and missed some opportunities but Michael can give you a lot of info on the best days to be there. He tracks the moon cycles. These shots were taken fairly deep, about 150 but some friends have taken shots very near the surface.

_MG_5823.jpg

_MG_5831.jpg

_MG_5827.jpg

_MG_5822.jpg

150'?....Those are great shots and no Strobe...looks like you were at around 60'....I was at 120' and mine are so dark.

There are many dive operators in Bali. Many are very good and there are also those which are not as good as some of those mentioned in this thread. Personally I like ENA Dive. They have good boats and will pretty much customise the dive trip for you. Probably a little more expensive but not much more.

The sites where Molas are frequently seen are Cyrstal Bay and Blue Corner. If you can try to schedule your trip during full-moon. I have seen them in July although they are more often seen between Sept/Oct.

Good luck !!!!

I can vouch for Bali Hai as well. (I think they are changing their name to Bali Diving Academy). I went with them last October and we had some great mola encounters at Blue Corner. (Beware the downcurrent though...)

I stayed on Lembongan at Hai Tide Huts, which were actually very posh Lembok style thatched roof huts. No ensuite bathroom though - there are very clean communal toilet/shower blocks.

There is cheaper accomm on the main beach when you arrive which I would probably go with next time.

Thanks all for your recommendations!

Does anybody know "World Diving" on Nusa Lembongan? They are very cheap compared to most other operators what is due to the fact that they are located on the spot and not in Bali, I guess... They also have accommodation there which I think would be quite comfortable, not to travel back and forth every day since I plan to stay there for at least two or three days...

@divehappy: great dive report on your trip to Triton Bay - very detailed and helpful. Seems you have been around a bit... :wink:

Thanks,

Gaby

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom