Who to call first? Not DAN?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you think they will put up withhim telling them how things are supposed to be done?

When a puppy keeps wetting on the rug ya gotta smack em in the nose with the newspaper or they never learn.

Wildcard:
When a puppy keeps wetting on the rug ya gotta smack em in the nose with the newspaper or they never learn.
If I see you smack your dog, Ill smack you, how about that? I have zero tolerance for people abusing animals.

i'm just wondering why he gets in a defensive mode everytime i post something. i gave my opinion at first, then had other statements made by qualified people to back it up.
he says i need to check my sources. whatever.

as for a newspaper...maybe a little smack is good. try not to beat your dogs with a whiffle bat though

Jorbar1551:
does anyone keep the number of a hospital where a chamber is located nearest their dive spot?
I would call DAN only when it's time to submit coverage & reimbursement paperwork afterwards. . .

On the So. Calif. Mainland I would call either 911 or these numbers:
CATALINA CHAMBER
24 HOUR EMERGENCY LINE
(310) 510-1053
LA COUNTY MEDICAL ALERT CENTER (MAC)
(323) 869-0578
(then press 8)

Offshore or in transit between the Islands and the Mainland, I would hail the US Coast Guard with a Mayday Call on Marine VHF. . .if close to Mainland Shore or Catalina Shore I would call either the Coast Guard or LA County Baywatch Paramedics.
Wildcard:
My bad, I confused you with a 19Y/O EMT intraining wanna be FF. Either way, chambers are not kept "hot". Most hyperbarics are scheduled medical appts and they don't staff them 24/7, just in case. Pts are transported to the ER, evaluated then shipped to a facility that has a chamber. In an area that had 7 hospitals, one had a chamber and we were directed to transport DCI pts there directly, these were standing orders and not due to the fact that they had a round the clock staff.
Sorry Wildcard. This particular Chamber where I'm currently doing my monthly volunteer internship in Hyperbaric Technology is always active by day and on stand-by at night, and is always staffed 24/7:
http://wrigley.usc.edu/hyperbaric/TOP.HTM

Sorry what? Thats exactly what I said. Staffed during the day, call in at night. There may be vollies there but Im quite sure a DOc is not spending nights there free of charge. Id be intrested in seeing the of hours of Tx numbers. That is, how much it is used at night. There always exceptions to every rule.

"If I see you smack your dog, Ill smack you, how about that? I have zero tolerance for people abusing animals."

First off I do not respond well to threats. I squash the source of the threat before it can do harm by whatever means are nessary. Second, smacking a puppy on on the nose is a figure of speach. Third I am the world biggest animal lover.

Jobar is a know it all kid. Many have tried to tell him he is wrong but he wont listen. I even explained to him how "HIS" dispatch works but it wont sink in. Im not worried. Kids like that never get picked up for jobs and on the rare occasion they might, they are quickly weeded out. He should practice this phrase "would you like fries with that?"

what about the other paramedics and qualified personell that supported my opinion? BTW... i wasnt trained in san ramon. i was trained in a different county. as far as many have tried to tell me that i am wrong. so far, its only two, and they are from a scuba diving board.

"call 911 in an emergency. if you are driving home and feel weird...i would call dan first but try to find the nearest hospital" Jobar1551

I said NO CHEESE on my burger!
:deadhorse:
Some people you just can't reach...

Well, to add my $0.02...lol. Here in Houston when you call "911" you get a "Harris County 911" operator that will ask you Fire, Police, or EMS. When you answer, you get routed to the appropriate responsible dispatch party. For example if you call in the City limits, the "911" operator will transfer you to Houston Fire/EMS/Police dispatch for further information and the actual dispatch of the assistance needed. Once this transfer happens, the "911" operator is no longer responsible for the call, City of Houston Dispatch is. Likewise, if you call "911" in North Harris County, outside the Houston City Limits, the "911" operator will transfer your call to Harris County Emergency Communications (A private company that handles dispatch for multiple agencies) if you need fire or EMS and transfer you to Harris County Sheriff Department if you need Law Enforcement. There is a definate difference in Harris County / City of Houston between the "911 operator" and the independent dispatchs for the responding agencies.

Now...different arrangement entirely in Liberty County. There, you call 911 and you get Liberty County Sheriff Dispatch who dispatches all county agencies including Fire, EMS, and Law Enforcement.

One of the beautiful things about our country is how different each state and even each county can be. Hopefully it works well for each area. Ok...thats my bit. :wink:

And just for the record, my experience includes: 14 years as a Paramedic & 2 years and an RN...just cause I wanted to brag a little. hehe.

Back
Top Bottom