Who to call first? Not DAN?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divinotter:
If you call 911 a diving emergency could mean off a diving board into a swimming pool to them.

i totally wouldn't have thought of that. good point

divinotter:
If you call 911 a diving emergency could mean off a diving board into a swimming pool to them.
If so, the one making the call is making a bad call..
When you call 911 you should clearly state "Where, what and when" and "What" is NOT "My friend had a diving accident"...
You should provide them with all the information you have got. For example;
"Were at coordinates this and that, and my buddy had a rapid ascent from 130 feet 10 minutes ago and is now hes showing signs of decompression sickness".
The 911 operator will then normally ask for any more information they need (Like what dcs symptoms hes having) and tell you how to handle the situation untill medics arrive.
Atleast thats what they do when I (unfortunately) have to call 911 every once in a while when Im at work. The more information they have, the better prepared the medics are and the more likely to find the right facility to send the victims to they are.

Now, there IS the possibility that some operators think that my pool is 130 feet deep and that by ascent i mean falling off the diving board and into the 130 feet water.. Thats when its time to sue someone..

Back
Top Bottom