Who needs a Toothbrush!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man, that guy does need a toothbrush or more. disgusting

The colored teeth come from chewing betelnut. It's traditionally considered attractive, although we were told that is changing some especially among young people.

I would say nice shots but those are scary :11: ! Those shrimp have a lot of work to do.

Damselfish:
The colored teeth come from chewing betelnut. It's traditionally considered attractive, although we were told that is changing some especially among young people.

from chewing what? and attractive where?

When I was in India, people chewed this as well. The nut past is wrapped in some kind of leaf. The whole mess is supposedly mildy narcotic, probably like the old chewing of coca leaves, except more disgusting.

They stain the teeth and cause the gums to recede. Even the women partook...

jagfish:
When I was in India, people chewed this as well. The nut past is wrapped in some kind of leaf. The whole mess is supposedly mildy narcotic, probably like the old chewing of coca leaves, except more disgusting.

They stain the teeth and cause the gums to recede. Even the women partook...
Some are narcotic and some are not. I chewed a little while travelling in India. It's like chewing tobacco. All I got was a mild headrush, a bad taste in my mouth and nasty looks from my girlfriend. I did get serious props from the locals though.

Yikes, I thought maybe this was someone waiting to be brought up by the SARs team.... eeek

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom