Scubapro G250V

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MARK74

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello colleagues and happy holidays. Last week I got three pieces that I was missing in my collection for a great price, MK18-X650 and the regulator that I like the most and that has cost me the most to get, the G250V. The seller assures me that he had just serviced all three😆😆😆😆. I started with the G250V, all the pieces were embedded, after going through the ultrasound machine I can disassemble everything except the tube, the nut shows signs of having been forced with an incorrect tool, I have tried ultrasound, hot-cold, white vinegar -water at 50% and at the end wd-40 and 24 hours of rest and nothing, there is no way. In the end I gave up for fear of damaging the box, since I noticed a little looseness due to the force applied by the previous crank. In the end I cleaned it, changed the kit and tuned it, but the nut does not come off and I like to be able to disassemble it by I complete all my regulators. ANY MORE IDEAS WITH THE DAMN NUT? Thanks and regards
IMG_20231213_130453.jpg
IMG_20231213_130514.jpg
IMG_20231213_130526.jpg

WD40 is a poor penetrating oil. You might consider something more like Kano Kroil.

Thanks friend, I will follow your advice, after the service everything is fine, my fear is a failure of o-ring 23, with its corresponding leak, never in all the years that I have been servicing regulators have I seen a nut so seized, it is welded . And the worst thing is to force too much and break the casing. Thanks and regards

WD40 is a poor penetrating oil. You might consider something more like Kano Kroil.
Nemrod, how do you think a strong descaler can affect the plastics in the box?

Nemrod, how do you think a strong descaler can affect the plastics in the box?
Products like CLR are not recommended for brass. A super penetrant is probably the best bet and let the penetrant work for a few days. Then, use two thin nuts to double nut the section that goes into the LP hose and use them to hold against torque on the d$5#2!m scubapro nut. You will probably need to slide the scubapro tool on first. Try to shock the frozen nut but whacking it (the scubapro tool that is) with a small hammer lightly, a sharp rap.

Thank you very much friend, I will follow your advice, have a merry Christmas. Greetings

The longest I've had brass soaking in Phosphoric before soaking free without mechanical interference is five days

Threaded stuff same-next day

Back
Top Bottom