Who Makes Rust Proof Carry-on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

triton94949

Reaction score
My carry-on bag is now rusted to pieces, after 5 good years of hauling my dive gear around the world. Does any manufacturer make rust proof, aluminum or titanium frame carry-on luggage? Remember, it needs to fit into those check-in boxes at the airport where they test the size of your carry-on gear.

luggage bag

You don't need an overpriced flashy "joe cool, scuba steve" travel bag. Think about it, most of your gear is soft clothing stuff, with maybe just a few items that are crushable. You should be bringing your delicate diving stuff with you on the plane anyhow. I travel all over the world and use these as my luggage. Not only do the airlines manage to "lose" these bags less often, but the bags themself cost a whole lot less.

Simple pack your extra shoes or boots on the bottom, then some clothes around the sides, you can put hard objects (camera tripod, backpacks etc.) on top of those and pack clothes tightly around the sides. I pack the bag really firm and can get all of my clothes for a trip plus most of my gear in one or two of these. Never had one stolen, never had anything broken. Any its a whole heck of a lot cheaper.

For some reason it escaped me that you needed a carry on bag. Hmmm still not sure why a backpack wouldn't work, but again if you just can't wait to throw some money out the window, Pelican makes some great rust proof boxes.

http://www.pelican.com/new_products/trade11.html scroll down for some testimonials to these cases.

and then check out the #1510 carry-on

I spray all the metal parts of my luggage with silicone after every trip. It makes it last much longer.

use a Pelican case??
http://www.pelican.com/

triton94949:
My carry-on bag is now rusted to pieces, after 5 good years of hauling my dive gear around the world. Does any manufacturer make rust proof, aluminum or titanium frame carry-on luggage? Remember, it needs to fit into those check-in boxes at the airport where they test the size of your carry-on gear.

How about a hocky bag?

I don't have any special dive luggage but use anything I can get locally.

triton94949:
Thanks for the cite. The Pelicans however are way too big and bulky.

Back
Top Bottom