Who is spoiled on Carribbean diving only? no lakes......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've done my time in mud holes and frozen lakes, now my criteria is this...if it takes more than a 3mm suit or has crappy vis I'll pass.

Spoiled... yes, we love diving in the warm waters of the Carribean but the fact of the matter is that if this was our only diving, we would be limited to one week of diving a year.

So we dive locally here in Lake MI and the quarries, which are totally different but we still enjoy it. And if anything, the cold water diving is making us better warm water divers.

H20Bubbles:
Spoiled... yes, we love diving in the warm waters of the Carribean but .

I'm too old
...to be cold.

Well, I'm fairly new to diving and although I revere diving in the warm, clear waters of the Caribbean...I dive what has been given me. The local quarries are a great place to tweak your gear, test configurations and practice skills but diving the lakes...

...there's something about diving to 130' in waters 39 degrees F on well preserved historical wrecks that is similarily enthralling.

Queen:
..if it takes more than a 3mm suit or has crappy vis I'll pass.

I agree Queen. Give me warm clear water any day..

I am spoiled on warm water diving too even though I live in Canada. Did my original OW dives up here and never dived in cold waters again. Always went down south or elsewhere. Having said that, I may try some local wreck diving in the St Lawrence since everyone who has tried it says it's great. After all, just can't get down to the Caribbean every month.

Coldest temp for me has been the florida keys......besides that....Dominican Republic, Honduras and Belize.....

put me down as a WWW as well..... :eyebrow:

Regards,

We trained in a cold, dark low viz quarry. Since then, all of our dives have been warm water and that's the OK because we are www's as well.

Dave (aka "Squirt")

I can count my lake dives on both hands which included my rescue course and my wife's nitrox class. Warm clear water with more to look at than random Perch, Bass and Catfish is the only way to go and I've even gotten more spoiled than most on the board as I now try to avoid having to ever wear anything thicker than lycra with the exception of my beanie.

I will tolerate occasional low visibility, but only when it is in pursuit of bugs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom