Who here in RI dives for little necks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They're definately legal and they looked very healthy although I did see a couple sick ones when I dove there. If they are up on top of the sand don't take them since they are sick. They won't make you sick if you eat them but they are basically all snotty and gross. I personally like the bigger ones, I'd say they are the chowder sized ones which are a :censored: to shuck.

Gidds:
They're definately legal and they looked very healthy although I did see a couple sick ones when I dove there. If they are up on top of the sand don't take them since they are sick. They won't make you sick if you eat them but they are basically all snotty and gross. I personally like the bigger ones, I'd say they are the chowder sized ones which are a :censored: to shuck.
cool
and we are talkin about the sameplace
that muddy beach cove by the toll booth ?

Diesel298:
where potters cove..

Potter's Cove is the same place as Taylor Point.... Taylor Point is the southern corner of the cove.

No it's not because we don't sample Taylor Point yet. Maybe I am thinking of Potter's pond though. Yes Ray the muddy hermit crab-infested beach by the toll booth.

Gidds:
No it's not because we don't sample Taylor Point yet. Maybe I am thinking of Potter's pond though. Yes Ray the muddy hermit crab-infested beach by the toll booth.

I have a nautical chart of the Bay here on my wall. There may well be another cove somewhere else with the same name, but that cove is definitely called Potter's cove.

RIOceanographer:
Potter's Cove is the same place as Taylor Point.... Taylor Point is the southern corner of the cove.
yeah i know but sometimes thats the difference in distance between a good catch and goin hungry

gidds.
thanks

im there :)

RIOceanographer:
I have a nautical chart right of the Bay here on my wall. There may well be another cove somewhere else with the same name, but that cove is definitely called Potter's cove.
im lookin at probally the same chart
ill let ya know what i find tomorow

RIOceanographer:
I have a nautical chart right of the Bay here on my wall.
:geek:
Lemme alone, it's finals and I still have a headache. Take pity!

ok i was wrong i dont have that map...
gidds?

Im with `ya. I aint got a dry suit (like some people) but if you got the sites and your dialed in................I may be convinced to make the plunge and buy one.

Diesel298:
anyone..
i wanna get into this a bit more...
i like free foor..
any suggestions as to areas thah can be acced from shore if i dont wanna go thru all the boat launching for 1/2 bushell..
and anyone have and teqnique they would like to share
TIA

Back
Top Bottom