Who here in RI dives for little necks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diesel298

Reaction score
anyone..
i wanna get into this a bit more...
i like free foor..
any suggestions as to areas thah can be acced from shore if i dont wanna go thru all the boat launching for 1/2 bushell..
and anyone have and teqnique they would like to share
TIA

Why would you want little necks when there are nice quahogs at Taylor Point right off the beach and all kinds of softshells down at Point Judith in the pond?
Go get on the DEM webpage and check the map about which areas are conditional and such due to fecal coliform. If you can't find it I have a copy.

quahogs off talor point?
ok cool

little necks are quahogs btw
and im not a fan of softshell

yes i know where the DEM page is thanks

I thought little necks were those clams with the nasty syphon, hence the term "little neck"? Yeah we saw some guys get a bunch of nice ones there in about 20' of water right off the beach. Too bad I'm not a resident because I really like them.

Gidds:
I thought little necks were those clams with the nasty syphon, hence the term "little neck"? Yeah we saw some guys get a bunch of nice ones there in about 20' of water right off the beach. Too bad I'm not a resident because I really like them.
where potters cove.. tell me ill share...
and quahogs are quahogs but are also sub named due to size.
smallest keeper is a little neck. then a cherry stone topnecks, and chowders (chowads)
resadents are alloowed 1/2 bushell a day

I know we sample Potter's Cove or pond but I do not recall where it is exactly. If you like oysters I know where there are some BIG ones from a farm that went bust off Middletown. The quahogs at Taylor Point are bigger than my fists but that's not saying much.

just lookd at weather.. little cold but looks like the seas and wind are gonna be low, and outa the west.. thats good for that site... hum mabye little necks for dinner tomorow :)

Gidds:
I know we sample Potter's Cove or pond but I do not recall where it is exactly. If you like oysters I know where there are some BIG ones from a farm that went bust off Middletown. The quahogs at Taylor Point are bigger than my fists but that's not saying much.
well smaller is better.. as long as there legal

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom