Who has got their UWATEC SMART Computer back?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I sent Uwatec a Smart Com and a Smart Wrist. I got them back in 5 days. I mailed it 2-day express and they sent it back the same.

A close friend got his Smart Com within 5 days also. I called Uwatec and spoke to Eric. He confirmed that they had replacements in stock at the time of my call. He was great to work with.

Good luck to everyone else.

Nope - my computer went off (in their packaging) on 08/07 - arrived with them (I checked the tracking online) 08/16 and I'm still waiting.

I'm pleased for those of you who have got theirs back - but I'd like mine now.

jenno101 once bubbled...
Ahhhh - those incapable guys at UWATEC send me the Smart Com without the highpressure hose. :boom: I am speechless! What do they think i want to use the computer for?:confused:

Actually you were not suppose to send in the HP hose. All they wanted back was the computer and nothing else. It stated that on my notice from them and also reiterated the same thing when i called them.

Look on the bright side, you now have that non air integrated hoseless computer you never wanted :D

Actually you were not suppose to send in the HP hose. All they wanted back was the computer and nothing else.
They wanted back the highpressure hose!!! (in Germany) In the paperwork from UWATEC is written: "Highpressure hose (SMART Com) please send in, too."
So I did what they wanted and now i can take a shower or something like this with the computer. :confused:

That's strange.

The notice from UWATEC here in Australia said that you shouldn't send back your HP hose.

I wonder why they would want the HP hose back in Germany

If I were you I would ring them up and ask them where your HP hose went

UWATEC Germany: (toll free number) 00800 - 72 82 27 76

The mailing I got didn't address either sending or not sending the hose. I did not send in my hose or my case and when it was returned it had both.

I called them already and they told me that they are sorry, the HP hose is already on the way.
I hope it arrives before i'm on the way to egypt. :sheik:
...and i have no idea why they wanted to have it back!?

I had two problem in the 5 dives that I had made with my Smartcom before the recall. The first day of diving, 3rd dive, the quick disconnect started leaking and Uwatec sent me a new hose. The second problem, noticed on the first few dives was the compass, which had a bubble the size of Texas in it and was not functional, even at 35 feet. I hoped the bubble would compress enough for it not to bother me, but I wasn't working. Uwatec sent me a new one. I decided at the time of the recall to strip my computer, plastic lens, compass, and hp hose. It worked out ok for me because Uwatec sent me a hose, lens cover, and a compass. Now I have a real nice save-a-dive kit. Thanks Uwatec. Now about that microbubble display and no stop time remaining...........?????................

changed my smartcom this weekend after my lds phoned they had received the replacement ...

spent exactly 0 (zero) days without my smart ... must admit i dived with the 'suspect' comp a few times, but as these were all shallow (15m max) dives, and i had backup hardware with me, i wasnt too worried my smart would fail.

its a shame not all smart-owners have had the same experience

Sent mine in (SmartCom) within a week of the recall and still waiting. I called a few weeks ago and they told me that since I got it at LeisurePro, that I was going to be punished and would not get it back until sometime in October. Jerks! Thought it was first come first serve! Someone mentioned a website to see where you are on the recall punishment list? Where is that at, looked at Scubapro and Uwatec and didn't see anything. Might reconsider a dealer next time, but as long as LeisurePro makes good on it's promise of servicing, Okay, I'll save the 40%.

Back
Top Bottom