Who has got their UWATEC SMART Computer back?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FYI

I turned in my SmartCom August 1 here in GA, USA. My LDS had no clue when mine would return and had no idea at all what was going on this morning. I called ScubaPro today. They replied to me within a few hours. It seems that they have no knowledge of my computer and didn't know who I was. This was disheartening. I was also told that all computers received in August had been shipped.

Before I started in on the dissatisfied customer routine, I was promised that my computer would be shipped today (Friday Sept. 26) or that it would be shipped Monday AT THE LATEST.

I'll let this thread know when I receive my computer.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease, it seems!:wink:

I sent my Smart Com in for the recall back in June. In August I called Uwatec to check on the status and was told they were waiting to get replacement computers back in stock. I was told my replacement would be shipped within a week.

Another month passed and I once again contacted Uwatec and asked where my replacement was and was told that they were still out of the Smart Com, however if I wanted a Air Z Nitrox they could ship it out ASAP!

Three (more) weeks have now passed and still no replacement computer!

Is it possible just to get a refund instead of having to wait for a replacement?

When the recall came out, I was already on my 2nd failed SmartCOM. When I talked to Uwatec and left my message on their voicemail for the recall, I didn't gave my address. I just gave my name, my phone number and told them I didn't want another one of their computers I wanted store credit at the very least.

After a few discussions w/ my LDS and Uwatec, I got store credit.

Omicron once bubbled...
When the recall came out, I was already on my 2nd failed SmartCOM. When I talked to Uwatec and left my message on their voicemail for the recall, I didn't gave my address. I just gave my name, my phone number and told them I didn't want another one of their computers I wanted store credit at the very least.

After a few discussions w/ my LDS and Uwatec, I got store credit.

I'm impressed!! After I read your posting I phoned Uwatec and told them that enough is enough and that I want a refund! Then I was placed on hold, transferred to 3 other people and then was told my Smart Com was already shipped! I then reminded them that I was supposed to be sent a Air Z Nitrox, not the Smart Com and was told they'd get back to me!

They wouldn't address giving me a refund!!

Sorry to hear that :(

Of course, now that I have store credit for a new computer the one I want has been backordered for two months :rolleyes:

Uwatec just told me that they did ship the wrong computer and they're going to send a box with prepaid shipping for me to return it in. So if and when I get my replacement Smart Com, I have to ship it back and wait for them to send me the correct replacement.

What was that old adage of a bird in the hand?

Ok, I'm in shock....not only did I get 1 computer back from Uwatec (a Smart Com) but also the promised replacement (the Air Z Nitrox)#2! They did send a return box for the Smart Com, which I will gladly return.

One interesting I observed on the dive planning mode is that the Smart Pro is more conservative than the Air Z Nitrox. I found this surprising because I thought that the two used the same software. The two computers for no-deco were the same until the 60' depth, then the Smart Com became more conservative. Not really a big deal, just that I was surprised to observe a difference.

The Air Z also allowed pre-dive planning to greater depths vs. the Smart Pro. Just a quick FYI for those who chose the Air Z Nitrox instead of the Smart Com. Just thought

Just thought I'd share what I observed!

Finally after three months i received my computer. It is a brand new on in the box with new hose and bag. I would like some advice on a new computer interface. I do not like the infra red device i currently have. I would appreciate some suggestions. Thanks Fireguy

Well, with the Uwatec SmartCOM, InfraRed is all you get - thats one of the selling points of the device...

I realize infra red is the only way. Im looking for suggestions for a good infra red sensor. Im sorry i should of explained what i was trying to ask better....Thanks

Back
Top Bottom