Who dives with a snorkel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do, and I use it too.

either you do, or you don't. It's a non-issue to me.

I do..........why not??..........

35 years ago, when I learned to dive, my instructor taught me to keep my snorkel tucked under my knife straps on my leg when not in use. Now I usually only carry one when I am teaching recreational classes and the certifying agency's standards say I have to have one. Then I put a folding one in my pocket.

I only have a snorkle when working with students, it's required to have a snorkle and seems a little hypocritical too require a student to wear one when you aren't wearing one yourself. I believe that for TDI/SDI standards you only have too have a snorkle with you, not have it attached to your mask strap. That's my understanding anyways. I may be wrong, correct me if I am.

I always use a snorkel but not because PADI requires it. I can swim faster on the surface on my stomach and I like to know what's below me.

I always have it in my bag, but wear it only on rare occasion.

Aqua Lung snap snorkel. It comes with a small holder. I melted two slots in it and ran a one inch velcro strap through the slots. I carry the whole thing strapped around my inflation hose. I have used it twice during long swims.

I always bring a snorkel when im diving but only put it on if im going to be doing surface swims. I always have it off for wreck dives tho.

Snorkels with balls?!!! ...(add your own funny quip here) IE: "Did your instructor tell you that was what that was?:11:"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom