Whitestar Quarry 8/17/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

misstopsail

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey all, I'll be diving whitestar quarry with Pvtstash on monday. Stop by and say hello if you're around!

Oh, am i diving with speedy?

its jus' old guys in drysuits (they dont slide through the water like form-fitting wetsuits do) that have trouble keeping up...

lithe 19yr old ladies should have No trouble whatsoever... :)

its jus' old guys in drysuits (they dont slide through the water like form-fitting wetsuits do) that have trouble keeping up...

lithe 19yr old ladies should have No trouble whatsoever... :)

Misstopsail, here's your wise mature body guard stepping in; PvtStash got me in trouble at Gilboa a while back---if it can happen to me, it WILL happen to you---be careful.:rofl3:

wait. Trouble? What kind of trouble? If he abandons me underwater i'll harm him.

hey I was the innocent victim then! :) newly certed and looking for mature wisdom and guidance.... and what did I get!? a trip to the deep dark an cold side! (thankyou!)

:)

She Lived!

She kept up! (ha! told you so!)

She saw 85-90% of the quarry in jus' 2 , super-efficient 30 min. dives...

She dove a 3 mil, no hood, no gloves.... (doh!)... an underfilled AL80 (2600psi, both dives) and 18lbs of lead... I have a full 7mm w/ hood, 5mm gloves, neoprene socks n booties... and underfilled LP 121 (2300psi) and 13lbs of lead... I think these were dives #25 an #26 for her... #150 an #151 for me...

the following takes place at the Deep-Stride entrance...

Dive #1 we descend on the blockhouse and head south to the crusher pitt... descend down to about 72', and then back up again... then we head East an follow the wall down to the training platforms at 20'... we hit all 3 and continue SW to the boat on the South wall... then turn North catching another boat as we descend from the south... turn NE hoping to catch the motorcycle.... missed it... did catch the telephone booth and the hmmmm the wooden kids playground structure... hit the hole again as we continue north along the west wall and did a swimming safety to the ladder and out... dive time approx. 29min.

my ending pressure is 1400 ... hers is about 400...

we do a short SI (34 min?... cant remember but it was enough to make her computer happy :) ) , she changed her tank and then...

Dive #2 starting pressure for me is 1400psi... she's got 2600 again (and Not too happy about it either!)... Descending on the blockhouse again I take a heading of about 250 degrees hoping to run into that lil' boat east of the police car... I miss it... but recognize this right away and swing up an around coming up on what I like to call the nursery area... the plain to the West of the police car at about 24' with all the lil' fishies :)... then to the police car, and then east of that to that boat... then I turn south south west and we come up on tail end of the enchanted forest, with the PVC diver and then the cabin cruiser... 215 deg from the cabin cruiser took us to the much vaunted and rarely seen Frito-Lay truck! :) , from which we headed East to throne mountain... after actually sitting on the Throne (which now, in retrospect I regret deeply) we headed North north east until we hit the North wall and then followed the wall East turning eventually South and then doing our 3min. @ 15' under the ladder... dive time 30 min.

my ending pressure was 400psi... and I forget what hers was...

And that was that! we covered alot of ground and saw alot! for her first time there and only doing 2 , 30 min.dives I think I presented Whitestar well.

:)

Back
Top Bottom