Whites Tech Skin - FDog Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome job FDog! It takes a lot of time to put these kinds of things together. If you got a suit it was richly deserved and I know that it didn't color your comments.

The pocket sag thing is a drag. But not a deal breaker. I think I may use up quite a bit of those extra 4" anyway.

My GF and I have our sizes coming to try on, I have some real questions about how easy it is to doff and don. Nice comfy, dry places to sit don't exist much here in the NW. I'm leaning against a car holding my suit up and stepping into it more often than not.

Again great job.

Thanks,
Jack

Great reveiws. I will be buying one. Thanks for posting.

Great review, I've got about 8 dives with my Fusion with Tech skin, and I'm with you on this one, I'm totally impressed and pleased with it!!

Nice review.

How do you rinse salt water from between the inner and outer layer?
Can you flush all the salt out from between the two layers or do you need to let it soak?

The same question applies to the Lycra skin and which one of the two types of skin is easier to clean and maintain?

I know many dive in fresh water, but that is a big consideration for me. Dried salt crystals will wear on any fabric…I flush the inside of my BC after every diving day.

Thanks

My GF and I have our sizes coming to try on, I have some real questions about how easy it is to doff and don. Nice comfy, dry places to sit don't exist much here in the NW. I'm leaning against a car holding my suit up and stepping into it more often than not.

Jack

It does take a little time to get use to getting into but if you check out my video below you will see that you can get into it quickly. Now the video was done for fun and not as an instructional video but it just shows how easy it can be. After you get used to putting it on you will not have a problem doing it standing up.

YouTube - Fusion Speed Test

Have a good one.
Phil

It's a good question about rinsing with the Tech skin (and I notice somebody has asked it as its own thread), but I can say that rinsing through the Lycra doesn't seem to be an issue. I've pulled the Velcro off to take a look, and haven't found salt encrustations or mildew between the Lycra and the bag.

It's a good question about rinsing with the Tech skin (and I notice somebody has asked it as its own thread), but I can say that rinsing through the Lycra doesn't seem to be an issue. I've pulled the Velcro off to take a look, and haven't found salt encrustations or mildew between the Lycra and the bag.

Thanks

I didn’t see the thread. Can you point me to it?

Oh, and Jack, I regularly put mine on while leaning on my car, or sitting on the bumper. It's not that difficult, once you get the hang of it. (It's almost exactly like putting on pantyhose, which is an analogy that works for the gals but doesn't convey much to you men people :) )

James,
Thanks for a very thorough and professional review. You have addressed and answered all questions I had about the tech skin after trying out a Fusion with lycra skin last weekend (thanks to the generosity of Hood Sport 'N Dive, Hoodsport, WA).
Pete

Back
Top Bottom