whites glacier mk1 or fourth element Xerotherm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vino21

Contributor
Reaction score
Needing a wicking base layer undersuit. Either the Whites Glacier MK1 one piece $160 or Element Xerotherm top & bottom $240
It will be under a Santi BZ400 under suit and E.Space drysuit which fit very snug. This is for North East diving. No colder than 40F.
Any opinions? I really don't know if paying the extra $$ for the Element is worth it.
Thanks.

I use the Xerotherm under 5mm neoprene drysuit . It is good but I question the price . It is not twice as good as its competition but the two piece option is so nice . You can wear the top anytime above or below .

Agree with Lloyd - I have both the Xerotherms and the Arctics -- they are NOT worth twice the price.

I'd pay attention to bulk, mostly. I am not familiar with the MK1s, however.

Yes I am looking for a wicking properties mainly but also want to use my dry suit in warm water diving using the base layer only with enough warmth for warm water.
Thanks.

You're looking at some pretty light weight undergarments for diving in the northeast. My guess is that you'll want something more like the MK3 or 4th Element Halo. Depending on how easily you get cold maybe even something warmer...

I am looking for a wicking layer for under my under suit which can also be used alone in warm waters. The under suit I have is the Santi BZ400. Super warm.
I like the loops on the wrists and ankles to keep the wicking layer in place when putting on the under suit or dry suit. My suit fits real snug so the wicking/base layer needs to be tight skin fitting.
I have not seen the Whites Glacier MK1 one piece or Fourth Element Xerotherm in person so I cannot compare. But I will be heading to the Beneath The Sea event in New Jersey in March and hope to try them on and get them at a better price.

I am looking for a wicking layer for under my under suit which can also be used alone in warm waters. The under suit I have is the Santi BZ400. Super warm.
I like the loops on the wrists and ankles to keep the wicking layer in place when putting on the under suit or dry suit. My suit fits real snug so the wicking/base layer needs to be tight skin fitting.
I have not seen the Whites Glacier MK1 one piece or Fourth Element Xerotherm in person so I cannot compare. But I will be heading to the Beneath The Sea event in New Jersey in March and hope to try them on and get them at a better price.

Yeah, sorry about that - I sorted out what you were getting at after my first post. I would definitely look at the Patagonia capilene stuff as a wicking layer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom