Whites Aqua Pro Quadflex Self Entry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"I ordered a custom catalyst this morning. Pocket on each thigh, wrist dump, p valve. I figured do it right the first time and not have to keep adding to it later and at least I know it will fit."

Well, mine came in to-day. Dove it in the lake to-day.I just do not know what to say.

The suit does not fit.The zipper sticks up so high I cannot see my alternate air source. It Leaked. The pockets are smaller than on my other suits. Si-Tec valves.Inflator was stiff and the exhaust did not vent well.

Look nice ? You bet. Will it go back to Whites ? You bet. Oh ya, I do not like the valves and wish they had kept the older style.

However , the thinsulate did keep me warm for the 45 min dive in 40 degree water . This was no small flood .

I wish I could have given a better review.I am tired and disapointed. Glad I still have a Whites neoprene suit.

I am sure that once it is fine tuned at Whites it will work well.Right now it is just one big body bag.

Ron

Not what a guy who ordered his custom Aqua Pro Quadflex 2 weeks ago wants to hear. The zipper that sticks up is the self entry? It bugged you? Where'd it leak?

I have heard nothing but good things about these suits. Although like you said, they will hopefully make it right, should be done first run through... esp in a custom. Maybe the measuremnts were incorrect?

Let us know when it gets sorted out...

I own and now have 10 dives on my custom fit Whites Catalyst. And I like it very much!!

(RH thigh pocket only, valves in usual spots, no p-valve, Evolution hightop boots).

I've had no problems with the self donning zipper, and once properly waxed, it was easy to move between all the way open and all the way closed.

About the only thing I would have done different while ordering was add the pocket on the left. I've discovered that the pockets for the OMS IQ rig are not as "handy" as they could be, while getting to a thigh pocket is easy.

And one day I will have to add a P-valve just so my friend (and cave diver) Craig will quit harrasing me. (He just got his Whites suit)

Ron,

Thanks for the review. I hope it all gets sorted out to your satisfaction. Let us know how it works out.

I also hope that my experience is more like TexasMike's.

Thanks TM for your review.

Chad

The customer service at Whites is usually pretty good. Satisfaction assured.

The problem seems to be in the sizing. The torso on the suit seems to be for someone 3 or 4 inches taller than me.

All other sizing seemed ok. I will have the suit pressure tested.

I was hopeing to have large velco pockets like on my other suit.

Easier to open than the small zipper.Especially with heavy three finger mits.

I had nightmares(literally) about this suit since the day I ordered it.Looks like it all came true.

Ron

I got the size 13 evolution boots on my catalyst. What am I going to have to do with my fins. Will I probably need to go the IDI route?

What size boots did you get TM? and what fins are you using?

TIA

Chad

Back
Top Bottom