Which Suunto computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Cobra and love it. It displays air remaining time left or no decompression time left (which is less). A nice feature. Have about 300 dives on it and have not had a problem. The Suunto compass that sets on top (an option) is the best compass I have ever had.
Last year after a group trip to Bonaire the LDS sold 2 of them to people that dove with me. ( I should have gotten a comission)

From what I've heard, Suunto is the most conservative computer out on the market. That's actually why I like them. If I want it to be more aggressive, I'll take classes, learn the proper deco tables, and dive in gauge mode.

I use the Vytec, and it's been very good so far. I even tried it with a stage deco, and it cleared me faster than the deco tables did. (51% EAN)

The good thing with the Vytec over the other Suuntos is that it's a bit more forgiving when you hit deco... and it 'kinda' gives you deeper stops. I'm not a tech diver so I've never been able to try it on a 200' dive, and see if it gives me credit for really deep stops.

The one time I tried it was with my instructor who taught me how to do the stage deco thing. The Vytec was giving me a 8-9meter stop on air, and was telling me to descend, but when I switched to my 51% mix, it gave me a 3min stop at 6meters, then cleared me.

Just plunked down the cash myself. Went with the Vyper. Can hardly wait to get it wet!

My husband dives the VYTEC... and I have a COBRA... no complaints on either!!

Is there an instruction manual for the Dive Manger software? Or, is it one of those things wher the "help screen" is it? I'm just getting to kicking the tires & want to be sure about setting it up right.
Larry

I would suggest to stick with Vyper... it's better than Stinger, and it's better than Gekko becasue you can use it in a Guage mode.

I've just came back from a live aboard, 4 days shallow dives. Mosquito does fine for me. Small but has good reading; nitrox; interface capable; free dive(apnea) up to 5 min. However, no gauge mode...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom