Which Split Fin To Buy???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After mounds of research, I purchased the Tusa X-pert Zooms. I assume these are the ones you meant when you said Tusa. I personally love them. One is correct to say that they may not have as much force as a hard fin, but they also don't cause the leg cramps that hard fins do. Being a female diver (and one with puny legs ;o), I have found that the X-pert Zooms best fit my needs for the type of diving I do.
Know though that they will kick up a decent amount of sand/silt, so be aware of how close you are. Even if you aren't kicking the silt directly, the flow of the water coming off of your fin will often be enough to make a mess for the person behind you, so watch out and be aware of that. Happy bubbles!!

scubacoots3:
Thanks to everyone - Lots of great information - I will be purchasing a pair in a couple of days. I am headding out for west palm for some drift diving next week.
Thanks again and be blessed in and out of the water.

-SC3
split fins will serve you well in the Palm Beach currents, especially if you find you need to swim against them.
And no worries about "silting" in open water here.
I don't think kicking up the bottom is a function so much of types of fins but rather technique. skill and environment in any event. As I said, not an issue here for the type of diving you will be doing.

I would suggest however you try fins before you purchase.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom