Which SPG?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally I would go for the bigger one if it has the 100 psi markings... unless you are going to be putting it on a deco bottle reg.[/QUOTE]

for a while i was quite enamoured with the smaller gauges (e.g. scubapro mini-spg) and wanted to switch my larger gauge for one of those sexy little babies.

after taking DIRF, i realised that having to show your buddy how much gas you have left is quite a pain when it is so tiny (especially with the hp hose being so short). not all buddies have great eyesight or clear masks :p. the larger gauge seems to be perfect. easy to read on the fly. easy to read from a distance when unclipped. having a smaller spg just doesn't seem to make any sense to me now.

I decided to take the boot off my spg about a month ago, it had been on my reg since last August. I was shocked and dismayed when I saw all the spooge that was in behind the guage (and i rince my gear very well, some even say I'm borderline OCD). Then i got to thinking about the silly hose protectors...more spooge all different colors, although my friend who is a biology major was interested in the protis which was growing I was not to thrilled. as the uncle said...nail those boots to a tree, if you try hard enough a hose protector can make a nice trumpet/kazoo, maybe even a good signal device/duck mating call.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom