Which SPG?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't really see the difference between the two. I bought the OMS guage at LeisurePro. If you go OMS, don't get the larger SPG because it's NOT graduated in 100PSI increments (mine is 250). The smaller SPG DOES have 100psi increments

They look quite similar to the LP offerings but it is hard to tell with the photos Chris has on there. Email him and ask if they both have 100 psi markings. Be prepared to wait for an answer... I understand he is *outoftown* at present.

Personally I would go for the bigger one if it has the 100 psi markings... unless you are going to be putting it on a deco bottle reg.

since we are on a subject of SPG... what is your view on those small mini-gauges that screw-in directly to the HP port of the first stage. I mean, for use on a stage bottle. I know they are horribly inaccurate (mine shows 2500psi when it's really 3000), but do we really need to see exactly how much gas is in bottle since most stages are timed on you bottom timer vs. using rules of 3rd etc as you would on a primary tank... At this logic, it would seem that you only need a rough idea of the pressure, and those mini-gauges do just that. Any opinions before I throw mine away and get a real gauge...

I use Apek's brass SPG. I think Apeks also carries those small button SPGs that screw directly on the HP port... I too am curious on the DIR stand on these things... why they haven't been recommended or used by DIR.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom