Which set of doubles would you rather have? 104 or 100s?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LP104/108 - at cave fill pressures you get 140cf of gas per so 280cft for a set of doubles at 3400-3500 PSI

Versus HP100 at 200cf per doubles at 3400-3500 PSI.

During my cave training my buddy dove HP100's which meant i had to through away 800PSI on each dive which kept us in the 500-600 penetration range. On our last dive he dove a set of LP108's and we made it to 1200ft on our 3rd's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You will end up with more than 1 set, for no other reason than you'll have at least 2 or 3 different mixes in use.
Get the 100s to start. Upsize and get more sets later once you are proficient with those.

Which ever set you can get to trim out the most easily. The Worthington LP 108s are nearly 4" longer than the HP100s.

as mentioned, go with something similar to what your normal buddies use.

You won't be lugging around all that excess weight in order to have extra gas you will never use, and you won't be the guy that always calls the dive on gas. Also, if need be, you can borrow a set of tanks from a buddy and you won't have to do a test dive to get your weighting figured out.

[does 6'1" make you strong, or a lanky stringbean? i loved my double steel 130s, but played soccer for 20 years, so leg-pressing the bulk was no big deal, but if you are weaker, the 100s may be easier to manage, i also used Faber 114s/117s which feel very different in theWAter but still gave me plenty of gas QUOTE=DiveMaster_Tom;7076606]LP104/108 - at cave fill pressures you get 140cf of gas per so 280cft for a set of doubles at 3400-3500 PSI truthfully, everybody is different, and your gas consumption, your gas management, do you have the ability to dive a few different sets prior to purchasing?
where are you located?
your cavern/ cave instructor may very well have a preference on what he'd like his/her students to use, too many variables for a definitive answer

Versus HP100 at 200cf per doubles at 3400-3500 PSI.

During my cave training my buddy dove HP100's which meant i had to through away 800PSI on each dive which kept us in the 500-600 penetration range. On our last dive he dove a set of LP108's and we made it to 1200ft on our 3rd's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD[/QUOTE]

I'm more lean, strong enough to deal with PST 120 LPs I guess.

I was really hoping for the HP100s, but the guy that had them sold them. I think I'd rather get a HP100 or LP85 set. Something small enough to use for wreck diving off a boat without needing a crane to get back in.

Yeah you were robbed, robbed I say. Gyped out of going as far into the cave as humanly possible - in class. Cause that's what its all about right... :bunny:

at over 6' go for the 104s. larger moment of intertia and they won't be too long. and then there is the cave fill. at a very heavy handed 4000psi you get 320cf. that's like adding a whole other hp100. Wondering what effect those fills had on the time-until-rebuild on my regs...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom