Which Resort on Grand Cayman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Night diving at Turtle Reef would be my recommendation. Miniwall so navigation is simple. Head out into current ( if any ) and back the other way. There is a mooring ball at the start of the miniwall, We tie a small strobe onto it to mark our turn in point. The reef at Sunset is a bit of a jumble so easy to get lost at night. Not the end of the world though as you can surface and orient by the lights from the bar.

We decided to go ahead and stay at Sunset House Nov. 7-14. It's a diving vacation and they have all the amenities we want. We are excited!!

Thanks for all the advice! Keep it coming!

I've stayed there, it's not the nicest. It does have nice facilities for shore diving. "My Bar" has good food.

That's why we're staying at Sunset House... good food, good bar, good shore diving, easy boat diving, good location for exploring the island and doing more shore dives, reasonable prices. Don't care about fancy features. The one down side is no nice beach, but that can be found elsewhere.

(BTW, I see you are in West Michigan. I spent 4 years in Kalamazoo. Loved it there.)

(BTW, I see you are in West Michigan. I spent 4 years in Kalamazoo. Loved it there.)

I consider West Michigan as not identified with the Detroit side...ha,ha!
I live about 40 miles north of Kazoo, walking distance to the Lake. It's great here in the summer.

I consider West Michigan as not identified with the Detroit side...ha,ha!
I live about 40 miles north of Kazoo, walking distance to the Lake. It's great here in the summer.

I totally understand! I'm in Central Illinois, NOT Chicago thankfully.

Back
Top Bottom