Which regulator buy with around $400?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I had to do it all over again....I would have to take a good hard look at Atomic. If anybody has read any of my threads you know I am a big Scubapro fan. The folks that started Atomic, came from Scubapro, with many patents to thier name. I presently own the new sb a700. Now it's true, you donot pay for the parts at annual service, you just pay for labor. But the first time you miss your schedualed service, your warranty is voided. Lets be honest, maybe this year for one reason or another. you didn't go diving. If that reg never saw the water, and you choose not to have it serviced based on usage, why should that fact alone void your warranty? Just a thought.

I own the DC1/212 and like it a lot. I am a bit frustrated now though because I am looking to put a longer hose on it and it is either not easy or impossible. The 212 version I have has the swivel attachment that the Eos has/had. Whatever thread size the swivel attachment is, it is no where close to standard. Earlier this year (January I believe) a person in the Oceanic forum asked about an adapter. The response then from the Oceanic rep was that the adapter was in the works and would hopefully be out soon. Since then, there has been no word on an adapter. Oceanic claims you can order a longer hose with the swivel attachment; yet, no one on here has been able to get one nor can any dealers find the part number to order. I think one person had their LDS order one that was supposed to fit and it didn't. Last month, the same question was posted in the Hollis forum about an adapter or a longer hose. There hasn't been a response from Hollis about it. Usually Nick is very quick to respond but hasn't yet. So, for now, I am stuck with the hose length on my 212. It looks like (from the pics) the new 212 does not have the swivel attachment. If that is the case, make sure whatever you buy doesn't have one unless you like the hose that comes with the reg and have no plans to change it. I would wonder if the regs being sold now on sale are the older version with the swivel??? I may be totally wrong about the new version not having the swivel but I haven't been able to see it in any of the pics I've looked at. Assuming there is no adapter and assuming the new 212 can accept standard hoses, my only option is to buy another 212 so I can use a longer hose. By the time you buy a new 212, you're not that far off from buying a DC2/212 combo. Problem is, I'm still down a second stage if I do that. The only other option is to just put the reg aside and keep it as a backup and just order a whole new reg. Not really into shelling out that kind of cash right now, especially when I just want a longer hose on the reg I already own. Other than this issue, the DC1 is awesome. I wouldn't have ordered it last year had I known about the hose issue. If the hose is not a problem for you or you can get the newer version on sale, I'd say jump on it. If anyone has any solutions on the hose issue, please let me know.

Sorry to get the thread sidetracked.

Scuba toys has the Hollis DC2 212 on for $289.00 they are saying that these are comparable to the Oceanic EOS minus the dry valve. If that is true this is a ridiculously low price. I would like to know if anyone has some feedback on this Reg as I am considering buying one for my wife, then maybe quietly trading her my Aeries Atmos Pro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom