Which regs should I keep?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm trying to decide which regs I should keep out of the many I have.

Here's my list:

Scubapro MK20/G200B
Scubapro MK5/109BA with 109 octo
Conshelf XI with metal second stage
Conshelf 21 (no second)
Aqualung Cousteau with 2 seconds (plastic bodies with pull over covers)
Aqualung Calypso with metal second stage
Scubapro MK2/R190

I also have a new Hog reg setup that will be my main regulator. I've been lurking here on Scubaboard for some time now and many people seem to like them so I got one.
I want to keep at least one of the other above listed regs as a back up. the firsts and seconds don't necessarily need to match up. Most of these regs were given to me from people who no longer dive that heard that I was getting into diving.
I also have a crap load of other used gear that people have given me.
I can only use one at a time.
What would you do?

Just Curious

That's easy. Keep the Mk5/BA/Adj. And don't be too hasty committing to which one is your main set.

I'd keep the SP Mk5/109BA and the Conshelf XI as examples of the most reliable, work horses of the regulator world.

I'd do a mix.
Cousteau 1st stage with the BA and G200b.
For a travel (lighter weight) the Conshelf 21 with the G200b and Cousteau 2nd stage......actually the BA probably weighs about the same as the G200 so I'd just use the 21 instead of the Cousteau and keep the BA and G200b.
.....difficult choice with some of my favorite regs.

Hard choices but I would go with the Conshelf with the 109s....and those would me my choice over the HOG as well. I prefer diaphagram first over piston regs and Conshelfs are some of the best. I prefer metal seconds and the 109s are as good a second stage as there is. The Cousteaus are good regs but on the heavy side. They are basically Conshelfs with side mounting, early Legends if you will.

That is not very many regulators.

Trade for a Conshelf XIV or Supreme or keep the 109 set with Mark 20.

PS, Herman is upstairs in his room and I am sitting down by the pool as we wrap up SDX. :wink:

N

I would make BA and 109 octo as the primary set. I would prefer them to anything else including the new HOG , 1st stage is a matter of taste but I would take mk20.

Dont listen to them, all of your regs can kill you., pack them ASAP and ship my way :) but seriously i would only keep mk20 first stages.,

..........which regs I should keep out of the many I have.

Here's my list:
Scubapro MK20/G200B
Scubapro MK5/109BA with 109 octo
Conshelf XI with metal second stage
Conshelf 21 (no second)
Aqualung Cousteau with 2 seconds (plastic bodies with pull over covers)
Aqualung Calypso with metal second stage
Scubapro MK2/R190
I also have a new Hog reg setup

All of the above.

But if you MUST get rid of anything, start with the plastic units that will bring the highest return.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom