Which reg to get -- I like the Aqualung Legend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dakota74

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone,

i am a brand new diver. I am looking to get my own gear, and I would like your suggestions.

What I am looking to do:
I live in NJ, USA, and I want to dive in these waters and also occassionally in the tropical waters in the Carribbean or Florida. Also, I want to get a reg that will also be good for cold water diving, should I want to go do that in the next 5 years (likely).

I want a reg that is good for Nitrox in case I want to do that as well in the next few years.

Basically, I want to buy a reg that I can use for a long time, without saying in a few years "oh, I wish I bought X regulator so I can take that dive trip to Alaska or Maine, or I wish I bought this X reg so I can take the deep water dive certs"

I also want a reg that is somewhat lightweight -- I don't like the heavy regs that I used when I got certified.

I am looking at the Aqualung Legend ACD Supreme. I like the fact that it is good for all the water environments, and also it's Nitrox compatible. Although, I also liked the Cressi Ellipse titanium because it was so lightweight; but I have never seen either of these up close.

Any comments??

Also, I don't want to break the bank -- hey, I'd love the Atomic T2 for $1500 but there's no way I'm spending that scratch right now.
Thanks so much --

Ross

The Legend is a solid regulator and most people that have them love them. As long as you have an LDS that can service it yearly it's a good choice. For other options you may want to check out Apeks and Zeagle. Some great deals can still be had on the Zeagle Flathead-VI (their recently replaced flagship reg)

Which reg to get -- I like the Aqualung Legend

Looks like you've answered you own question!

(Pretty good answer too.)

Where in NJ are you located? I can recommend shops/people to talk to if you want to see/feel these regs in person. Feel free to PM me.

i have a aqua lung titan and think its a great reg but it is going to be turned into my stage bottle reg in a year and i am getting a legand probably they are just as good as the apex reg with a cheeper price

i have the legend lx acd and it is indeed a great reg. breathes dry in 360 degrees and seems to breathe easier at depth. looks great too.
you made a solid choice

I also have the Legend, solid reg, great performance and you can get it serviced almost anywhere you happen to travel and best of all, you will have no regrets down the road.

try looking at apex or scubapro, they are great especially in nj that is probably what you'll see a lot of, I know in ny and Dutch I do.

i dive an atomic Z2x... if you get it sealed it is good for cold water (which i did) it is light weight, nitrox ready up to 40%, and it has the 2 year 300 dive warranty that no other regulator company out there has!!! you can get one for around 450-500... it breathes extremely easy and with a molded mouth piece is extremely comfortable for long dives. hope this helps out!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom