Which reg to get -- I like the Aqualung Legend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive scubapro mk25, almost 5 years, IMO as easy to breath as Legend (my 1st choice as well) great from 33 degrees to 90+, seems easier to find lds to do service and free yearly is nice too, You will be happy either way....

I also have the Legend, solid reg, great performance and you can get it serviced almost anywhere you happen to travel and best of all, you will have no regrets down the road.
And this is what I am thinking of -- good service, and I don't have to deal with issues with water temp or ehatever down the road. Thanks everyone!!

Dakota,
The Legend is a fine regulator. While some people object to the way Aqua Lung controls prices, anyone of any real knowledge and experience places it near the top of the heap.

yeah I think that's the one I'm going to go with. When I get it, do i need to do anything out of the box to prepare it for the first time use??

Funny you said that -- I saw that and didn't know what the big deal was until I researched just that and found the people giving such praise for it.

Here's another advantage: the automatic valve closure! Won't have to worry about this!! :D

Ok. One last thing -- What is the difference between
AquaLung Legend ACD Supreme Regulator
and
AquaLung Legend LX ACD Supreme Regulator ??

I think I found out what........cold water? The LX has a lip shield? That can't be IT??? Also, can the reg be swiveled on the hose?

I think I found out what........cold water? The LX has a lip shield? That can't be IT??? Also, can the reg be swiveled on the hose?

The only difference is (in price $15) the 15 dollar mouthpiece and it is tuned slightly.Which you can have done. The mouthpiece sucks. I have four and love them.(LX ACDs). I have used just about every Reg out there and have found the Legend to be MY favorite.

Dakota,
The difference between the plain Legend and Legend LX is that the LX Model has a breathing control knob in addition to the venturi adjust lever. This is true of both the Legend and the Legend Supreme versions. In the Legend regs LX= knob.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom