Which one can we sink?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottitheduck

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
So,

With a looming recession, hotel occupancy tumbling and airlines going down quicker than Paris Hilton (oh, SNAP!), how do we convince the state to clean up one of these ships and sink it for us?

Mothball Fleet?

I'm willing to open a true discussion on the matter and invite anyone with any contacts to please chime in. Can you imagine????

G

They're trying to sink the Vandenberg right now. The project is several million over budget. The city of Key West has coughed up a couple of million but they're still short and the ship may never get to Key West. Someone has to foot the bill, they won't just clean up a ship, haul it to Hawaii and sink it for you. I wouldn't be surprised if the bill came close to 10 milllion dollars to do one there.

Getting here isn't the problem, they are already here. This is the mothball fleet located at Pearl Harbor. But it will still cost a big chunk of change to clean out and get out there to sink.

Oh didn't know you had some there. Well that saves some but yes, it would cost millions to clean up and prepare.

The Sea Tiger cost roughly $350,000 for clean ups, that is a small ship compare to the mothball fleet.

Other news, the Falls of Clyde is in bad shape. If the museum cant raise the money to fix it, they are going to sink it. I would hate to see it go but if it has to, I would prefer it be used as a wreck dive. It work for Maui with the
Carthaginian.

Falls of Clyde - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back
Top Bottom