Which On-Line camera store to use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BluewaterSail

Happy in Doubles
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking for recommendations for an on-line store to buy a complete set-up: camera, enclosure, lights, etc. I would like to use an store that has:

• a wide selection in stock
  • good information on their website
  • someone who will talk on the phone who is knowledgeable
  • competitive prices
  • responsive service if there is a problem.

Anyone out there like that with whom you have had personal experience?

Thanks,
Linda

In the U.S.:

Ryan at Reef Photo in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros
Berkley White at Backscatter in Monterey, CA Backscatter : Underwater Camera, Underwater Video Housing, Underwater Photography
They also have an east coast store now.

B&H Photo/Video has a lot of gear also but I've never called them. I have bought from them regularly since about 1995. Underwater Equipment | B&H Photo
Adorama is one of their larger competitors. Photography, Digital Cameras, Lenses, Electronics - 8PM Shipping - Adorama Camera

Both are in NYC.

Last edited:
Don't forget Optical Ocean Sales, Seattle's Underwater Camera and Photography Store

As far as competitive prices, do you consider full retail competitive? Except for the odd clearance special, when it comes to UW photography pretty much all the better merchants sell at MSRP. In return for MSRP however, you get good service including a person to talk to on the phone.

I'm normally a B&H customer when it comes to photography, but when I had questions and was buying an underwater rig, I called up Reef Photo.

I forget who I spoke to, but we assembled a rig for a good price and did everything I wanted it to with room for expansion later.

Every interaction with Reef has been a pleasure.

I've dealt with Adorama in the past, but prefer B&H for their customer service. However, if it makes any difference, I believe LeisurePro and Adorama are owned by the same people as my LP orders usually show up in Adorama boxes.

However, if it makes any difference, I believe LeisurePro and Adorama are owned by the same people as my LP orders usually show up in Adorama boxes.

You are correct :) If anybody has any specific questions, I'd be more than happy to help. I'm quite confident we meet your criteria.

You're kinda long distance over there in Jerusalem. You'll get better prices with the NYC stores. You'll get better service from Ryan at Reef Photo in Florida. Where you are, I'd opt for better service.

Back
Top Bottom