Which Mask to Buy If You Can't Try It On? Is there a "Cyrano" model??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SnorkelPuss

Reaction score
I'm a once-in-a-while, vacation-time snorkeler who needs a new mask, but won't be able to visit a dive shop to try any on. I'm an adult male - I'm not sure if my face would fit in the large category, but I know my snazzola does (hence the User Name). I'm trying to choose from these masks:

Mares X-Vision
Cressi Big Eyes
AquaLung Mythos

Which of these should I take a chance on, hoping for the best fit?

Any other suggestions (outside of Rhinoplasty)?

Thanks!

You might have a problem with "Big Eyes". This strange mask leaks with many people reporting the problem. The nose pocket is tilted upward for unknown reason. With some people, this tilt causes pressure on the bottom (speculum) of the nose. It can be painful.

SnorkelPuss:
I'm a once-in-a-while, vacation-time snorkeler who needs a new mask, but won't be able to visit a dive shop to try any on. I'm an adult male - I'm not sure if my face would fit in the large category, but I know my snazzola does (hence the User Name). I'm trying to choose from these masks:

Mares X-Vision
Cressi Big Eyes
AquaLung Mythos

Which of these should I take a chance on, hoping for the best fit?

Any other suggestions (outside of Rhinoplasty)?

Thanks!

Sea Vision Shadow is low volume and nose friendly.

try a technisub falco mask. albert falco was jaques coustoe's chief diver and he had the largest nose, pure roman in shape of any diver I have ever met. technisub a subsidery of spirotechnique the company started by coustoe made a mask especially for him, I have dived with one for more years than I care to admit. hey are still in production and will fit, guarenteed

Read this thread:
http://www.bsacforum.co.uk/forums/archive/index.php/t-3626.html

Well, what is a Mask when all is said and done? A simple glass on the dot of vision.

Cyrano is my fave play......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom