Which LP Hose Length 36" or 40"???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NavyGuyAN

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm a divemaster and recently just got into Solo Diving and am working on PADI's Self-relient diver side specialty. I have already purchased the redundant tank (19cf, 1st and second stage and a pony mount to the side of my main tank). I am currently stuck trying to decide on getting a 35" or 40" long LP hose from the pony bottle.
My primary alternate-air source is on a 40"LP hose. I just don't know if I put a 40" hose off the Pony bottle if it would be to long or not and get in the way of things.
Thanks guys!

Since it is for solo, its for you. You need to decide which works for you as it is your configuration, on your body...

4" is hardly noticeable in this situation. A lot depends on how you are going to route the hose, over a shoulder under your arm, bottle up or down. This is not a lets keep everything really tight and tidy when you need to use it. It needs to work well when you need it.

Get the 40" hose in case you ever decide you want to carry the cylinder like a stage.

pony mount to the side of my main tank
Does it mean that 19cf will be hard connected behind you without access to it during a dive (if we will not taking in consideration idea to remove scuba under water in emergency situation) ?
So it should be open before you jump to water and you will not able to open it in case you forgot to open before dive.
Also you will not able to manage it in case of leak.
I am not familiar with solo PADI configuration, so maybe my concerns are not valid.
But, yes, as suggested above, better take "40" (if the size is ok for you) to be able to move to stage configuration later.

Thanks Guys for all the help and suggestions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom