which is warmer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Merchant

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
im going to be picking up a new cold water suit. I’m looking at a 2 peace 6.5mm or a one peace 7mm. i used to think that the two peace would be warmer (thicker at the core) but after reading a few of the posts here I’m not too sure anymore (more seems more places to let cold water in ect..) what are your thoughts on the subject.

i am not ready to move to a dry suit yet my weight is in a major flux right now due to dieting and quitting smoking attempts.

Eck my mistake witch. trying to post messages, monitor a helpdesk q and scan and deploy server patches all at the same time... maybe I should stop working while i surf the web at work....

I have dove a 7 mm to 40 ish degrees. I put a shorty on with it to help insulate the core and this seemed to help.

Good luck.

Not sure if witches are warmer or not, especially certain *sides* of them...

Get the best of both by buying a fullsuit and a hooded step in vest (see BARE). That will give you a full body barrier with the extra on the core. It also provides seamless neck opening closure.

Pete

Merchant:
im going to be picking up a new cold water suit. I’m looking at a 2 peace 6.5mm or a one peace 7mm. i used to think that the two peace would be warmer (thicker at the core) but after reading a few of the posts here I’m not too sure anymore (more seems more places to let cold water in ect..) what are your thoughts on the subject.

i am not ready to move to a dry suit yet my weight is in a major flux right now due to dieting and quitting smoking attempts.

Eck my mistake witch. trying to post messages, monitor a helpdesk q and scan and deploy server patches all at the same time... maybe I should stop working while i surf the web at work....

My experience is a properly fitting 2 piece is warmer than a 1 piece.

Keep in mind, all a 2 piece is is a farmer john and a shorty. But, you have to have it fit snug and keep the water out. If you have free-flowing water through your suit, one or two piece, it's the wrong size and will get you cold.

I dive my 7mm 2 piece suit in 40* water - multiple dives a day, down to 60 odd feet, for 40-45 minutes per dive.

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom