What to do about a leaky suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey she could take a Phantom comic in there and see what's adventuring or a Girl's Own

I had a drysuit flood at Keystone Jetty last weekend. The zipper came open while I was standing in chest deep water. Perhaps the reason a leak test couldn't find a leak is because of the zipper closure. Dry the suit and make another dive. Be sure to triple-check the zipper and see if your weights are causing it to open slightly.

I read this thread with a lot of pain. You would think a suit can be made that is actually dry. That's why it's called a drysuit (not wetsuit). In all the years I've been diving, the only suit that I owned that never leaked was a Viking.

I owned that never leaked was a Viking

And most uncomfortable suit for the recreational/technical diver who moves around during the dive. Viking suits are great for the commercial diver who stands in one place and works on whatever he is supposed to work on without having to swim around. I have used the vulcanized rubber viking suit for several years and later switched to a DUI suit and would NEVER consider going back to the Viking for any reason.

And most uncomfortable suit for the recreational/technical diver who moves around. Viking suits are great for the commercial diver who stands in only place and works on whatever he is supposed to work on without having to swim around. I have used the vulcanized rubber viking suit for several years and switch to DUI and would NEVER consider going back to the Viking for any reason.
That's fine. I have both Viking and DUI right now and like both of them.

I have limited experience with drysuits. My e.lite plus has been dry over the last 2 years. Many people at the LDS have bought Hollis 300 and have been dry and happy with them. I've known one person with an emotion, and it looks great. I heard second hand he had the same issues as the person in the post. Supposedly he is always aquasealing little pin hole leaks.

Back
Top Bottom