Which is harder to get into--a drysuit or pantyhose/tights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drysuit is easier than pantyhose, and vastly easier than a wetsuit. Just to make sure you should have him try both in front of a video camera. Use bright pink or red pantyhose for better visibility on camera. Post to uTube to get a wider variety of inpartial judges. :-D

Seriously though, if necessary I can put on a drysuit while balancing on a 2' x 2' car carpet surrounded by deep, wet snow. It ain't easy, but the cold and wet of a failure is great motivation. Putting on a wetsuit that fits properly is no where near that easy. It's also true that the seals are often the tricky part of a DS, sometimes seeming impossible to a 1st-time user, but with every DS user gets MUCH better at getting seals on and off.

The Fusion Bullet is the equivalent of wearing thick pantyhose over a trash bag. If everything is sized properly it shouldn't be a problem. I dive with a neoprene drysuit which is easier than getting into a wetsuit.

ok my take
Getting into my new Waterproof d7 (eazy peezy)
Getting into my wifes hand-me-down pantyhose I wear under said drysuit in winter (medium difficulty)
Getting into my 20 year old neoprene drysuit (v. difficult) yes it still fits!! ...just
Getting into my wifes pants after a weekend of diving (extreme without flowers & chocolates)

:)
Andy

A buddy of mine just recently made it sound as if his drysuit (a Fusion Bullet) was just as difficult to get into as pantyhose/tights. I've never worn a drysuit & he's never worn pantyhose/tights (at least as far as I know) so we are not the best ones to make a comparison. However, I've seen people get into drysuits and it doesn't look half as hard as the contortions my friends & I have gone through to get into pantyhose/tights that fit well.

I bet some of you are in a much better position to tell me which is worse...a drysuit or pantyhose/tights?

Side note: If the answer is drysuit, the chances of me ever donning such a suit will go down astronomically so choose your answer wisely. :)

The short answer: no, unless the person donning the drysuit has "issues". :wink:

The exposure protection that has given me the most problems to get in & out of were 1/4" (5mm) neoprene wetsuits. On many occasions during my training up to Rescue Diver the amount of time it took me to actually get in & out of the suit exceeded my actual bottom time. (Friggin' cold water!) Funnily enough, I used pantyhose to help me get the wetsuit on easier... Getting in/out of my 5mm neoprene drysuit generally took me less time except I had to wear a cap to help me get through the neck seal because in those days I had long hair. Plus it was a back entry, so those last couple of things slowed me down a bit.

Meanwhile, I've been diving a DUI 350 TLS trilam drysuit for over a decade. It takes even less time to get into that than it does for me to put on my 3mm full wetsuit. With the suspenders inside the suit, it's basically just like putting on an oversized pair of onesies. The only part that slows me down a bit is the neck & wrist seals, even though I have short hair.

DRYSUITS RULE!!!

ok my take
Getting into my new Waterproof d7 (eazy peezy)
Getting into my wifes hand-me-down pantyhose I wear under said drysuit in winter (medium difficulty)
Getting into my 20 year old neoprene drysuit (v. difficult) yes it still fits!! ...just
Getting into my wifes pants after a weekend of diving (extreme without flowers & chocolates)

:)
Andy
I have to ask whether this is while they are being worn or are you trying them on yourself???:rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom