Which gloves for drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharkster

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm planning on getting a new DUI TLS350 by the end of the year and wanted some ideas on what gloves to get. I have the SI-5 ring system, so I could get some Atlas dry gloves for $12 but I think dry gloves are totally overkill for diving Lake Travis where the min. temp will be in the 50's, and also the Gulf of Mexico where I don't think it will ever be below mid-60's.
Anyone know a good gauntlet-style glove for drysuits? I was looking at the OMS "Ultimate Drysuit Glove" and they looked pretty nice.

I have a pair of Henderson Hyperstretch 5mm gloves that I got from Scubatoys for about $30 or so. I like them... they fit well, are warm and stretchy, and have really grippy palms.

jonnythan:
I have a pair of Henderson Hyperstretch 5mm gloves that I got from Scubatoys for about $30 or so. I like them... they fit well, are warm and stretchy, and have really grippy palms.

How much? That is a darn good price. It is only for SB staff or to everyone?:05:

:14: I've tried several types of gloves and so far the Hendeson Insta-Dry 3 mil are woking for me. I also dive the TLS350. I have tried the Henderson dry gloves and several other gauntlet style gloves. I have dove in water as cold as 42 degrees F and my hands are fine. I think because it doesn't let water in then your hands stay warm. Just my $.02.
Dive Safe, Dive Often,
Butch:scubadive

outlaws:
:14: I've tried several types of gloves and so far the Hendeson Insta-Dry 3 mil are woking for me. I also dive the TLS350. I have tried the Henderson dry gloves and several other gauntlet style gloves. I have dove in water as cold as 42 degrees F and my hands are fine. I think because it doesn't let water in then your hands stay warm. Just my $.02.
Dive Safe, Dive Often,
Butch:scubadive

Really, my hands were totally freezed at 41 F degree with a gold core 5mm. How long did you dived at 41 F?

I have the Bare 5mm gauntlet gloves. They fit nice over my neoprene wrist seals and have been entierly comfortable and fairly nimble down to 47F for about an hour in the water. I had been using the same gloves with my wetsuit and the difference in hand comfort with the blood flowing from a truly warm arm was dramatic.

Pete

Has anyone used the OMS gauntlet gloves? The spiffy logos would match my harness/wing :14:
Seriously though, OMS has good products but I don't know anyone with their gloves.

If your rings will take them you could always use a pair of dishwashing gloves instead of the drysuit gloves then just use whatever weight gloves you need for a liner under them.
Ber :lilbunny:

outlaws:
... I have tried the Henderson dry gloves...

gloves_ng55n_sm.gif
These???

How were they? What is the seal like? How wet? How warm? Please do tell.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom