Which gloves for drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use Harvey's Titanium gloves. I've used them for years and they keep my hands warm in 40 to 50 degree water.

Any 5-7 mm glove will keep my hands warm in 40 F water. I think we want to hear which wet gloves work well at about 34 F

hoosier:
Really, my hands were totally freezed at 41 F degree with a gold core 5mm. How long did you dived at 41 F?

Total run time about 45-50 minutes. They really work for me. And they are very tacky so you can grip with them.
Dive Safe, Dive Often
Butch

Tamas:
gloves_ng55n_sm.gif
These???

How were they? What is the seal like? How wet? How warm? Please do tell.

They are a PITA to put on. They keep your hands warm but you need someone to help you get the darn things on. I have relagated them to the spares box.
Dive Safe, Dive Often
Butch

outlaws:
They are a PITA to put on. They keep your hands warm but you need someone to help you get the darn things on. I have relagated them to the spares box.
Dive Safe, Dive Often
Butch
I've got to agree with that statement. They definately keep your hands warm, but they are horrible to get on. I've got the 5mm because I was tired of freezing hands. I'm going to get some insta dry gloves soon though, and may just go with the 3mm.

Do all these gloves you guys are mentioning have gauntlets that would fit over the SI-5 rings on the wrist? Like maybe the zippered/velcro'd type?

outlaws:
Total run time about 45-50 minutes. They really work for me. And they are very tacky so you can grip with them.
Dive Safe, Dive Often
Butch

I also did about 45 min deco diving 140 fsw. I had to end up soon because my hands are totally freezed.. I think you are cold blood :05:

I didn't hear that many good reviews so that I bought 5 mm Gold core. I might get another 7mm soon.

I own the OMS gauntlet style gloves and have used them in water temps down to 43deg. I have found that after about 30-40 mins in water at that temp my hands become cold and stiff and don't really want to work too well. Second, I dive a DUI CNSE drysuit and it is a REAL struggle to get the gloves on and get the neoprene seal of the gloves over the latex seal of the wrists. The gloves work well when I get them sealed over the wrist seals,but if you don't get it right and the water is allowed to go back and forth...forget it! You may as well have a pair of 3mm gloves on. The gauntlet is kool and the kevlar face is nice but dont expect to have much dexterity with the gloves on. On a final note. I finally broke down and purchased a dry glove system to go onto the DUI suit. It is the Diving Concepts ring system with the neoprene gloves. It also has its advantages and disadvantages....but that's another post. If you want my input on that system just PM me and I'll be happy to give you my experience with that system.

Would I be more dextrous (sp?) with dry gloves than 5mm Kevlar palm wet gloves? I thought dry gloves were uncalled for in 50 deg+ water but now I'm not so sure. UP4AIR makes gauntlet wet gloves sound like a real pain. The dry gloves would be a snap to install and super cheap, too (I'm thinking Atlas 495).
This question has probably been posed before on this board but I felt I should reiterate :D

Personally I lose dexterity when I use my dry gloves but my hands are tiny so the dry gloves don't fit as well as my wet gloves do.
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom