Which computer to stay away from?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not confident in the wireless air-integration because I've seen too many that lose signal randomly.

This is one of the reasons I left Suunto's and went to Galileo's. Thier transmitors are very VERY good. I have never had a loss of connection yes. You can even turn off your computer and turn it back on at depth and it will reconnect with no problems. It has to as it can read upto 4 transmitors, eg your 2 tanks on your back, your stage bottles that will connect as soon as you come into range and even your buddies tank if he has a transmitor.
I had two integrated Suunto's and both lost connection on me. Both times I had to surface to re-establish connections.
But then again, it would be a boring old world if we were all the same.

Just a thought, what happens when 2 meters of hose gets caught up on something whilst wrapped round your neck??????
Like I said, Just a thought.

Last edited:
I've been diving a wireless air-integrated computer for years now. Once in a while it'll lose signal. For about 1 second...

I'm sorry, but that is just NOT a problem. I've never, ever had it lose the signal for any amount of time that would be dangerous. The technology is solid and the occasional short loss of signal is a non-issue.

-Charles

stay away from computers that turn off during a dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom