Which Bottom Timer do you use and where did you find it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey if you have no problem converting between metric and english you can get them from simplyscuba.com for $140 depending on the exchange rate which is inclusive of shipping.

I have a feeling somebody could make good, steady money by developing and marketing a bottom timer with the following features: LARGE numbers, for those of us who are age-challenged; a backlight, and a stopwatch feature. As far as I can tell, you can get two of the three any number of places, but not all three.

TSandM:
I have a feeling somebody could make good, steady money by developing and marketing a bottom timer with the following features: LARGE numbers, for those of us who are age-challenged; a backlight, and a stopwatch feature. As far as I can tell, you can get two of the three any number of places, but not all three.

Sounds like a possible challenge. :) .. I could possibly make something. I'll have to do some research when I get a chance and see what I come up with.

You do it, I'll buy it :)

We got em at Hollywoodivers.com. Also a cool accessory is the deepseasupply boot that's made for it. The boot is wrist mount and you can use bungie...makes it a lot easier - call us 323-969-9875

TSandM:

I think Uwatec Alladin Tech works pretty well. The numbers are big enought for me :D and it has the other features you ask for.

Anders

But I don't want to pay for a computer when all I want is a bottom timer!

I use citizen hyper aqualand as primary. Oceanic Atom as backup. Both have small numbers (con). Both record dive data (pro). The citizen has dive time in seconds, but only to 30mins... that sorta sucks. The atom doesn't have dive time in seconds... that sorta sucks worse.

I'm thinking about getting a d3 for the dive time in seconds and the stopwatch feature for timing ascents. Recording dive info is pretty important to me too. So far, the atom is the best because it stores the info into an MSAccess database so I can play with it very easily.

Chris

My ideal unit would display depth and time (seconds included) of course in fairly large numbers, and maybe temperature, but in addition it would have a stop watch feature and depth averaging which could be restarted by pushing a button, dive recording for uploads, backlight and it would be about the size of the Timex Helix dive watch and work to at least 200m, but the deeper the better. Also, you should be able to choose imperial or metric units. I think the Aladin Tec is the closest you can get to that right now and at a little over $300 it's still semi-reasonable given what other units out there cost. What do you think?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom